The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc), to product reviews of items that may have slipped inder our radar (ie Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything 'new' unless it hearkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by JimVH »

I just got Ritashamed. Last night I made mention of the need for 'us' to reduce our non-essential spending. I may or may not have suggested she bears some of the responsibility. A few minutes ago she walked into my office to show me what she'd just found in a closet she's cleaning.

Pointing out the collectability, super high quality, and dignified artistry did not help.
Attachments
barlow2.jpg
barlow2.jpg (100.23 KiB) Viewed 22148 times
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Hugo Drax »

JimVH wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 10:28 I just got Ritashamed. Last night I made mention of the need for 'us' to reduce our non-essential spending. I may or may not have suggested she bears some of the responsibility. A few minutes ago she walked into my office to show me what she'd just found in a closet she's cleaning.

Pointing out the collectability, super high quality, and dignified artistry did not help.
Women just don't get it. My wife asked me why I need so many pocket knives. Pfft.
Weenies are us.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 10:28 I just got Ritashamed. Last night I made mention of the need for 'us' to reduce our non-essential spending. I may or may not have suggested she bears some of the responsibility.
Right before you enablers enabled my spree, I told Mrs FredS the same thing. "If we ever want to retire, you need to stop buying trinkets online. It adds up you know."

(The pathetic thing about me though, is that my order for 13 knives didn't go through the first time during my late night binge. The vendor contacted me a couple days later - well after my spur-of-the-moment dopamine should have subsided - and I provided the correct CC info for the purchase. So yeah, I stink.)

Also, I scrolled past the pin up girl barlows at Chicago Knife Works the other day, but I gotta say that, for $3.50ea, they were tough to pass up.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Jocose
Usher
Usher

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Jocose »

Barlow of the day in my pocket today is one made by:

Providence Cutlery Co.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by FredS »

FredS wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 08:23 Holy Cutlery Batman! :shock: Our (sort of) local auction house has an auction going with hundreds of knives. Folders, fixed, swords, you name it.

Physician's Bankruptcy Estate Auction

(note that this is an online auction with local pick-up - - - don't expect them to ship anything, but I know a guy who can help out if needed)
Dang man - they've added more. The docs collection was huge. Lord help me, I'm bidding on a few that are, for now, within my budget.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Bloodhound »

Jocose wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 21:56 Image

Here’s my new to me Western Barlow. I couldn’t be happier with it, it’s a solid knife.

I can’t thank Bloodhound enough for being such a bad influ.. Er, I mean inspiration.
WOW! That is a beauty and a classic! Congratulations
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
James-Owen
Sunday School Student

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by James-Owen »

I decided to go the other direction from gentlemanly with a microtech ultra tech Tanto blade. It was my 30th birthday present from my wife.
Del
Usher
Usher

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Del »

James-Owen wrote: 09 Dec 2023, 19:17 I decided to go the other direction from gentlemanly with a microtech ultra tech Tanto blade. It was my 30th birthday present from my wife.
OMG! JO is back! Welcome home!!!!
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by coco »

Del wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 07:06
James-Owen wrote: 09 Dec 2023, 19:17 I decided to go the other direction from gentlemanly with a microtech ultra tech Tanto blade. It was my 30th birthday present from my wife.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
James-Owen
Sunday School Student

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by James-Owen »

coco wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 10:12
Del wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 07:06
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I don't think there was this much excitement when I got back from the desert.