The Pope Francis Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Del »

Jocose wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 08:56 https://x.com/sovereignbrah/status/1730 ... 91804?s=20

This is unreal, man. 😂

Pope Francis just said the Catholic Church’s “great sin” is being “too masculine.”

Further, he said he wants to “demasculinize the Church” because there are too many male theologians, and not enough female theologians.
He's not wrong. But he's most definitely not right.

The feminine genius is for holiness. And the feminine charism is raising up the next generation.

Not very long ago, the Church was deeply nurtured by women. Catholic children in every village were taught and formed by religious sisters at school and holy mothers at home.

But then the feminists appeared, and they killed the feminine qualities in homes and schools. Moms became like men, laboring at jobs. Religious sisters became lesbians. Catholic schools became like public schools, staffed by secular professionals formed in secular universities.

The Church is starved for holy women to teach and form our children.

(This same spirit led to the filling of our seminaries with gay men, and all of that devastation.)
=======================

What the Church does not need is more modernist theologians. And we certainly do not need a bunch of feminist theologians, poorly formed in the decadent secular universities that still happen to bear the word "Catholic" in their names.

But this is exactly what Francis means. He just elevated a gay guy to the rank of Cardinal and appointed him to lead the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, so it won't be long before Francis gets exactly what he wants.

Catholic dads.... Protect your kids!

In spite of what Francis says, there is a vacuum of masculine leadership in the Church -- just as there is a vacuum of feminine holiness. Guys like Cardinal Burke and Bishop Tyler -- anyone with some spine for muscular leadership -- are being passed over or cut down like a Stalinist purge.
Del
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Del »

Wosbald wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 10:53 +JMJ+
Del wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 10:38
Wosbald wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 09:53magisteriums
<pic redacted cuz of Wos' wonky account>
Yes, there is a certain sense in which one speaks of THE Magisterium, singular and unbroken.

There is also another common, more colloquial sense in which one speaks of the collected body of teachings promulgated by each pontificate as that pope's magisterium. JP2's magisterium, Piux XII's magisterium, etc.

One might think that the "Faith of the Both/And" would find this handy, workingman's distinction rather uncontroversial and a snap to master.

:tools-hammerdrill:
You are technically correct. Not that it matters.

Nobody but you talks about the current administration as another kind of "magisterium."

"Magister" means "teacher." Your usage implies that the sacred teaching authority of the Church applies to the Vatican's regulatory authority as well, and it don't. It just don't.

There has never been a need to nuance the "fallible magisterium" from the "infallible magisterium," so quit. It makes you sound like a Jesuit.
Merriam-Webster wrote:magister
noun
ma·​gis·​ter məˈjistə(r)
plural -s
: a master or teacher in ancient Rome or at a medieval university
As Bishop Tyler said, Pope Francis's administration is undermining the Sacred Deposit of the Faith. That is the crux of it.

[EDIT] I mean Bishop Strickland, formerly of the Diocese of Tyler.
Last edited by Del on 01 Dec 2023, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
Del wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 11:17[…]

… There has never been a need to nuance the "fallible magisterium" from the "infallible magisterium," so quit. It makes you sound like a Jesuit.

[…]
I think you forget that it was not I who broached the topic of an "illegitimate","erroneous", pretender magisterium.

Don't blame the cleanup crew for the mess in Aisle 10.

:confusion-shrug:

Del
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Del »

Wosbald wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 11:31 +JMJ+

… There has never been a need to nuance the "fallible magisterium" from the "infallible magisterium," so quit. It makes you sound like a Jesuit.

[…]
I think you forget that it was not I who broached the topic of an "illegitimate","erroneous", pretender magisterium.

Don't blame the cleanup crew for the mess in Aisle 10.

:confusion-shrug:
Just do yourself and all of us a favor, and quit using the word magisterium outside of its normal meaning and context.

I invite you to do as I do, and speak of Pope Francis's "administration." Much as we speak of the "Biden Administration." The two are very, very similar.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Jocose »

https://x.com/RaymondArroyo/status/1730 ... 66368?s=20

“I hope God will help us.” Pope Benedict upon learning that Pope Francis had restricted the Traditional Latin Mass.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Hovannes »

Jocose wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 15:49 https://x.com/RaymondArroyo/status/1730 ... 66368?s=20

“I hope God will help us.” Pope Benedict upon learning that Pope Francis had restricted the Traditional Latin Mass.
That the Pontiff of Latin Rite has suppressed the Latin mass is a nihilistic thing to ponder.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

"Magister" means "teacher." Your usage implies that the sacred teaching authority of the Church applies to the Vatican's regulatory authority as well, and it don't. It just don't.

[…]
Although this is true inasmuch as there's no "one true regulatory policy" — neither St JP2's way nor Francis' way of regulating full participation in the Church's Sacramental life is the end-all, be-all — "Magisterium" certainly applies to any doctrinal content informing (or implicated in) said regulation.

So, when the Buenos Aires Protocols (BAPs) were published in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis (AAS), any doctrinal content informing said praxis (such as the "Pastor's Privilege" being a Catholically cromulent option for regulating Sacramental life) was inscribed as Magisterium.

:character-oldtimer:

Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Hugo Drax »

Wosbald wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 09:41 +JMJ+

[…]
Although this is true inasmuch as there's no "one true regulatory policy" — neither St JP2's way nor Francis' way of regulating full participation in the Church's Sacramental life is the end-all, be-all — "Magisterium" certainly applies to any doctrinal content informing (or implicated in) said regulation.

So, when the Buenos Aires Protocols (BAPs) were published in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis (AAS), any doctrinal content informing said praxis (such as the "Pastor's Privilege" being a Catholically cromulent option for regulating Sacramental life) was inscribed as Magisterium.

:character-oldtimer:
Super gay.
Weenies are us.
Del
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Del »

Hugo Drax wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 14:32
Super gay.
That seems to be the underlying principle of Francis's "magisterium."

Nobody's buying it.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Jocose »

https://x.com/DrShayPhD/status/1731647688746164704?s=20

All you're going to hear and see from globalists and their water
carriers now, more than ever is doom, angry rhetoric and forceful mandates. These will increase in intensity.

The fist time ever, Pope Francis was able to get his message directly to the leaders of the nation's of the world. His message, in Laudato Deum: to stop playing around and do whatever is necessary to force citizens to comply with the climate change agenda or else.

The climate change agenda, of course, is meant to being about totalitarianism and totalitarianism, a one world government.

NOW - Hillary Clinton: "We're seeing and beginning to pay attention and to count and record the deaths that are related to climate."
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.