Christmas cheer successor

Questions, Reviews, Storage, anything about `baccy
James-Owen
Sunday School Student

Post by James-Owen »

After many tins between me and a friend we think we have found a successor to Christmas cheer. Granted the only tins I have to compare to are decades old so it's a bit hard to compare to Un aged tobacco but the Sutliff: Cringle Flake flake is a fantastic smoke.

Also the C&D Low Country : Atalaya is similar albeit a pale comparison. Think Walmart brand great value cc.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

James-Owen wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 18:54 After many tins between me and a friend we think we have found a successor to Christmas cheer. Granted the only tins I have to compare to are decades old so it's a bit hard to compare to Un aged tobacco but the Sutliff: Cringle Flake flake is a fantastic smoke.

Also the C&D Low Country : Atalaya is similar albeit a pale comparison. Think Walmart brand great value cc.
Re the Cringle Flake, I saw it in a recent email ad from Cup-o-Joe's. I've never been a fan of Sutliff, however. Aged C&Ds have taken the place of McClelland for me, but I haven't tried Atalaya; in fact I can't say that I've heard of it, even.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
James-Owen
Sunday School Student

Post by James-Owen »

sweetandsour wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 19:48
James-Owen wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 18:54 After many tins between me and a friend we think we have found a successor to Christmas cheer. Granted the only tins I have to compare to are decades old so it's a bit hard to compare to Un aged tobacco but the Sutliff: Cringle Flake flake is a fantastic smoke.

Re the Cringle Flake, I saw it in a recent email ad from Cup-o-Joe's. I've never been a fan of Sutliff, however. Aged C&Ds have taken the place of McClelland for me, but I haven't tried Atalaya; in fact I can't say that I've heard of it, even.
I can't remember if I have ever found a Sutliff blend I like but this one with some age will do nicely. I just bought 5 tins to age and see what happens in a few years. The Atalaya blend is from a series C&D did for south carolina land marks. Atalaya being a castle that I've been to a few times. They also did some named after a few rivers and other places I spent a lit of my teens fishing and being a general public nuisance at. So I bought all of them. Then I bought 5 more tins of just Atalaya
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

James-Owen wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 20:17
sweetandsour wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 19:48

I can't remember if I have ever found a Sutliff blend I like but this one with some age will do nicely. I just bought 5 tins to age and see what happens in a few years. The Atalaya blend is from a series C&D did for south carolina land marks. Atalaya being a castle that I've been to a few times. They also did some named after a few rivers and other places I spent a lit of my teens fishing and being a general public nuisance at. So I bought all of them. Then I bought 5 more tins of just Atalaya
I have tins of Carolina Red Flake, Edisto, and probably a few of the others. All good. I've recently ordered multiple tins of "Beyond", which came out around Halloween this year. It's an excellent smoke.

I forgot that you lived in SC. I recall someone on the old CPS site that pastored a church in N.Charleston, near where I worked in the mid 80s. I worked at a plant on Virginia Ave in N. Charleston, and lived in Summerville, for about 6 years. Spent a lot of time on rivers and in forests, but don't remember any castles, just a few plantations.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.