Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 13:26
sweetandsour wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 16:29 I can recall the old CPS threads about chili, (and at least one similar type thread about coffee), that got one guy so angry that he rage quit several times. Can't recall his name, but he was in Virginia and was retired military. He was really hung up about it.
Any luck remembering his name? I just thought of him relative to another thread, but also can't remember his handle. I don't guess it really matters, but I got hung-up on it.
Pretty sure you're thinking of Kerdy.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

We're going to a cocktail party with my wife's co-workers this evening. At their office. I'm thrilled at the prospect.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

FredS wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 09:34
James-Owen wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 07:45
FredS wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 13:57 And don't even start with the 'white chili' nonsense. Like a 'soft taco', there is no such thing.

Creamy, white, chicken soup is good, but it aint chili.
Counter point the street taco is a taco and has a soft shell.
Flagged: for review by the Office of Misinformation and Disinformation

Outcome: The panel of advisors (of which FredS is the sole member) has determined that JO's comment is false or misleading. There is no such thing as a soft taco. Perhaps he intended to write about an 'unfolded burrito'. His post will be allowed to remain, as an example proving his generation has no knowledge that absolute truths exist and you can't just go around making up new definitions or rewriting history.
I disagree.
If it sits long enough, grease will make any taco go soft.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

sweetandsour wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 16:29 I can recall the old CPS threads about chili, (and at least one similar type thread about coffee), that got one guy so angry that he rage quit several times. Can't recall his name, but he was in Virginia and was retired military. He was really hung up about it.
Any luck remembering his name? I just thought of him relative to another thread, but also can't remember his handle. I don't guess it really matters, but I got hung-up on it.
I recall lots about him, but not his name. He collected knives, his son was in Israel with an archeology team, and he was famous on CPS as a regular self righteous juking sort of dude. Anyway ...
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 17:25
I recall lots about him, but not his name. He collected knives, his son was in Israel with an archeology team, and he was famous on CPS as a regular self righteous juking sort of dude. Anyway ...
I might be the only member of current CPS who has met Kerdy in real life.

There was an awesome meet-up at Roadmaster's Tick Farm.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

sweetandsour wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 17:25
I remember Kerdy. You and I are thinking of the same person, but I’m at a loss.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

FredS wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 14:45 We're going to a cocktail party with my wife's co-workers this evening. At their office. I'm thrilled at the prospect.
On the way over, the outlaw country station on SXM played Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones. Mrs FredS said she didn't know the Stones were a "country" band. I told her that song was co-written and first recorded by a guy in The Flying Burrito Brothers, but I couldn't remember his name. I said he's tragically a member of the 27 Club, then had to explain what that is. I've always figured he would have taken country music in a whole different direction had he lived.

It came to me an hour and two beers later so I leaned over and whispered in her ear - Gram Parsons.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

FredS wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 20:06
FredS wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 14:45 We're going to a cocktail party with my wife's co-workers this evening. At their office. I'm thrilled at the prospect.
On the way over, the outlaw country station on SXM played Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones. Mrs FredS said she didn't know the Stones were a "country" band. I told her that song was co-written and first recorded by a guy in The Flying Burrito Brothers, but I couldn't remember his name. I said he's tragically a member of the 27 Club, then had to explain what that is. I've always figured he would have taken country music in a whole different direction had he lived.

It came to me an hour and two beers later so I leaned over and whispered in her ear - Gram Parsons.
The Stones had quite a few "country" songs dispersed across their albums, stuff that never made it onto the radio. You could make a Rolling Stones country playlist.

I like the lyrics on this one:
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

coco wrote: 06 Jan 2024, 06:34
FredS wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 20:06

The Stones had quite a few "country" songs dispersed across their albums, stuff that never made it onto the radio. You could make a Rolling Stones country playlist.

I like the lyrics on this one:
Let's not forget Honky Tonk Woman/Country Tonk. I'm not a huge fan or historian of the Stones, but I've often thought they'd prefer to be a blues or country band but there's more money in rock. It's funny that, in interviews, many rockers say they listen to a lot of (old) country songs on their tour bus. Hank Williams was an inspiration to many, and I suppose he lived the prototypical rock star lifestyle - sex, booze, pills - that so many others have followed.
mdpiper
Sunday School Student

Post by mdpiper »

Slept in until 10:00 this AM. That is a nice change.
…..