Anybody Marching/Walking For Life?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

I just signed up for San Francisco.
Who's coming along?
Who's attending any of the other RTL marches around the country?

"When the time comes, as it surely will, when we face that awesome moment, the final judgment, I've often thought, as Fulton Sheen wrote, that it is a terrible moment of loneliness. You have no advocates, you are there alone standing before God -- and a terror will rip your soul like nothing you can imagine. But I really think that those in the pro-life movement will not be alone. I think there'll be a chorus of voices that have never been heard in this world but are heard beautifully and clearly in the next world -- and they will plead for everyone who has been in this movement. They will say to God, 'Spare him, because he loved us!'"
----Henry Hyde
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

I've given many hours to vigils, slept overnight security at a Care Center, attended rallies, and shared a bit of treasure to advance the cause for Life.

But I've never been to a March or Walk For Life.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 08 Jan 2024, 17:32 I've given many hours to vigils, slept overnight security at a Care Center, attended rallies, and shared a bit of treasure to advance the cause for Life.

San Francisco always has excellent speakers https://www.walkforlifewc.com/event-info/speakers/
The City of San Francisco moved the route several years ago from the touristy areas(Embarcadero/ Fisherman's Wharf) to City Hall/ Market Street (part of the "Death Loop")

There's always some enthusiastic opposition to make things interesting. SFPD does a fine job though.
Here's this year's info https://www.walkforlifewc.com/event-inf ... -schedule/
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Hovannes wrote: 08 Jan 2024, 18:50
Del wrote: 08 Jan 2024, 17:32 I've given many hours to vigils, slept overnight security at a Care Center, attended rallies, and shared a bit of treasure to advance the cause for Life.

San Francisco always has excellent speakers https://www.walkforlifewc.com/event-info/speakers/
The City of San Francisco moved the route several years ago from the touristy areas(Embarcadero/ Fisherman's Wharf) to City Hall/ Market Street (part of the "Death Loop")

There's always some enthusiastic opposition to make things interesting. SFPD does a fine job though.
Here's this year's info https://www.walkforlifewc.com/event-inf ... -schedule/
I've mentioned before, my friend who is now the "North American Director of Local Vigils" for 40 Days For Life. He does a lot of public speaking at various rallies, marches, galas, etc.

He insists that the West Coast Walk For Life in SF is the "best-kept secret" in the Pro-Life movement.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

I'll tell you what I'm doing, though.

We are establishing a Chesterton Academy in Madison area, to open this fall.

This Friday (Jan 12) is our "First Annual Gala" fundraiser. It will be rather small, about 75 people.

We are flying in John Walker, the actor who currently plays Chesterton on EWTN and around the country. Our local Chesterton Society group are hosting him. BBQ party (indoors) on Friday, before the gala. An open reception at a comfy pub on Saturday. I'm kinda planning everything and doing most of the cooking.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

It's interesting that you bring up the Chesterton Academy, Del.
The Chesterton Academy in Utah is sponsoring the Salt Lake City March For Life.
I hope my son can participate.