A pipe on "the bay"

Pipe & Hardware discussions
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

A pipe on "the bay"

Post by Bloodhound »

So I saw an older pipe from a maker I like and a shape that I like...(I have one already and is has become a very well traveled pipe). But this one was there and the seller stated it was in excellent condition. But when I looked at the pics, there was some heavy char on the rim, and it looked like two places where the briar had been chipped on the outer rim. The starting bid was $50 but there was a "Make offer" option, so I made an offer noting the issues with the pipe and also noting that he wanted $10 to ship it, that I thought was about 25% too high. So my offer was for a fixer upper...$20...I didn't figure he would take it, and that is fine...but I didn't want to be more than $30 into a fixer upper.

He sent me a counter offer of $89+ shipping...after I got done laughing, I thanked him for the offer and declined...

By the way...if only one person bids it will go for $50 + shipping...that is still $30 more than I would want to be in it. :roll:
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

A pipe on "the bay"

Post by JimVH »

“Don’t low ball me, I know what I’ve got.”
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

A pipe on "the bay"

Post by Bloodhound »

Well it got no bids...guess others had the same concerns I had. Oh well I needed another pipe like Jo needs another Barlow pocketknife :D
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD