Life’s Humbling Moments

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Life’s Humbling Moments

Post by Jocose »

When you go to the thrift shop looking for an item you need for a project and upon checkout the young cashier asks “Would you like to use your discount today?”

Um, what discount would that be? I ask..

“Seniors save an extra 10% on Mondays”
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Life’s Humbling Moments

Post by JimVH »

Jocose wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 06:54 When you go to the thrift shop looking for an item you need for a project and upon checkout the young cashier asks “Would you like to use your discount today?”

Um, what discount would that be? I ask..

“Seniors save an extra 10% on Mondays”
I get it. I was asked at Whataburger recently if I wanted my free "senior coffee" with my taquito.

I didn't need it, but I took that bad boy to soften the blow.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Life’s Humbling Moments

Post by FredS »

Checked in at the funeral home in my hometown to leave online condolences for a family friend. Goodness gracious! I knew 4 of the 10 people listed on the first page of the obits. Most were acquaintances of my father (you live in the same place for 85 years you know a few people), and were old like him, but one was the slightly older brother of a classmate. Guess I'm stepping into that season.
Last edited by FredS on 08 Nov 2023, 06:16, edited 1 time in total.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Life’s Humbling Moments

Post by SlowToke »

Del wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 05:15
SlowToke wrote: 25 Oct 2023, 16:26 Spending 8 days in the hospital with pancreatitis will humble a man. I now know from personal experience.
Was that the same hospital that you work at?

Because that would be humbling.
I used to work there about 20 years ago. I'm no longer working for a hospital these days though. I went to the dark side. I now work as a clinical educator for a medical device company. And, I've been on a national speaking circuit over the past year and a half speaking at Association for Vascular Access (AVA) conferences. Either way, it is humbling to be on the other side of a hospital bed than what I'm used to for sure. The highlight of my stay, once I wasn't in excruciating pain was stealing raspberry sherbet from the pantry at night. :lol:
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Life’s Humbling Moments

Post by JimVH »

There is a HUGE difference between ground cinnamon and ground cumin. Be sure to double check those labels.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
mcommini
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Life’s Humbling Moments

Post by mcommini »

When my front door handle still turns from the inside even while locked. Need to get a new lock set.
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Life’s Humbling Moments

Post by GaryInVA »

I was in the hospital for TIA event. I had no feeling on the right side of my body but everything worked. I was supposed to buzz the nurse every time I had to go to the bathroom and grew tired of it quickly. 2am I woke up and needed a visit to the bathroom. I was wearing a wireless heart monitor so I didn't have to unhook anything.

I got out of bed and grabbed the railing on the room with my right hand and pulled my IV on wheels with my left. I was not able to feel the railing with my right hand which was a weird experience. After a couple minutes of stumbling around I made it to the bathroom. I stood in front of the toilet and tried to figure out what I was going to do. I decided to hold myself with my left hand and pull back my gown with my right. I started the process of voiding myself and since my right hand couldn't feel the gown it started slipping out of my hand and I was afraid I would wet myself so I was grabbing frantically with my numb hand. This happened 3 times during my bathroom visit with the same sense of urgency each to grab my gown.

I finished up, dry I might add, and made the 5 minute trip back to my bed. I had just gotten back into the bed and covered myself up and the night nurse came in. "Sir, are you ok in here?" I answered yes, no problem. She said, "Your heart monitor was going crazy a couple of minutes ago. You sure you're ok?" I told her I was ok and closed my eyes.

The next time I buzzed the nurse to accompany me to the rest room.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Life’s Humbling Moments

Post by Biff »

GaryInVA wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 12:06 I stood in front of the toilet and tried to figure out what I was going to do.
Dude, in some situations, it's ok to SIT DOWN.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Life’s Humbling Moments

Post by GaryInVA »

Biff wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 06:11
GaryInVA wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 12:06 I stood in front of the toilet and tried to figure out what I was going to do.
I would have if I could feel anything in my right leg and arm. Didn't know if I could get myself back up.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Life’s Humbling Moments

Post by Bloodhound »

GaryInVA wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 08:01
Biff wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 06:11
I would have if I could feel anything in my right leg and arm. Didn't know if I could get myself back up.
Praying for full and quick recovery
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD