First Virginia (or VA blend) for a friend?

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general.
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by ChildOfGod »

I am BLESSED to have a regular Friday night pipe gathering in my life right now. Been solo a looooong time. A couple years ago, in said group, I turned a long time Latakia smoker onto Burley, and he has enjoyed it. He's now interested in Virginias, of which I have many various tins, both straight VA's and VA blends (with Perique and/or Burley). Wondering what might be best to start him on. I'm thinking maybe Speakeasy (Navy broken flake) as I know he likes Burley. Fillmore might be a good start too as it does have Latakia. I'm a little hesitant to share FVF or Opening Night with him without knowing his reaction to a an actual "blend" with VA. Thoughts?
Wishing you God's very best!
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

ChildOfGod wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 11:49 Thoughts?
I need to pee & my hip joints ache.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by ChildOfGod »

Biff wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 17:11
ChildOfGod wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 11:49 Thoughts?
I need to pee & my hip joints ache.
Hope you're able to relieve yourself and your aches ease, but clearly I should have been more specific about the object of the thoughts. :lol:
Wishing you God's very best!
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Post by joegoat »

Is Speakeasy a C&D blend? I know they had/have one called that. I've smoked it and don't recall if I liked it.
McClelland was the way to explore the world of Virginia tobacco. They had some marvelous Virginia's, but I must digress.
Some of my current go to VA's are as follows:
Newminster Round Slices (VA and Dark fired). Everyone that I've offered this to has lit it and immediately said something very similar to, "Oooo that's different." It's got a great zesty smokey flavor profile.
Newminster Navy Flake (VA flake with, in my opinion, a brown sugar casing). It's a great VA flake in terms if the typical VA profile of the sour and sweet dried grass, but it has a nice level of a dark sweetness along with that.
Peter Stokkebye Navy Flake (VA/Per). Excellent VA/Per very VA forward with a healthy hint of Perique.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)