In Praise: Ran 5K with my son!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by ChildOfGod »

For some years, up until 2 years ago, when I was running 20 miles a week, my son would come with me on my long Saturday runs and ride his wee bike behind me.

Then I developed a deformity (not an injury) and my running came to a bit of a halt in the past 2 years.

This past year we got my son on a cross country team which, at the time we knew nothing about, but wanted him to have a team experience in addition to some of the teams he'd been on in town recreation. Our town is too small for a cross country team. A couple larger nearby towns rejected us as outsiders. One took us in, 40 minutes away. Tough drives to/from practice but we made all we could. It turns out (divine providence) they had an awesome super terrific uber positive program and they (with my son on team) won the district championships.

Durning the season my son made huge improvements - really nice to watch. His coaches all commented likewise.

Just after the season I started looking at different forms and ways of running which might accommodate my deformity.

Thus my son and I ran our first 5K together this weekend. He's WAY faster than me, but it was really nice to be out there suffering and conquering together.

I thank our LORD for making that possible. I'm praying we can run more together.
Wishing you God's very best!
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

In years to come, those 40-minute drives with your son (and his friends, if you carpool) will become some of the most precious memories of your life.

And congrats on finding a way to get back on the path with your "deformity." Avoid injuring yourself, and enjoy!

And I haven't forgotten that you visit Wisconsin sometimes. I keep hoping for a PM.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Sounds like great fun. Congratulations!
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Congratulations!
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

:D :D :D
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

JimVH wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 13:04 Sounds like great fun. Congratulations!
Indeed. Congrats!
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.