OFG Hunting knife

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc), to product reviews of items that may have slipped inder our radar (ie Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything 'new' unless it hearkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

OFG Hunting knife

Post by Bloodhound »

Well I have a couple of Western knives that I have used, some that have been in my care/use for many years. So they see less and less use, as I would be very upset if they were damaged or lost, I have had the L66 for better than 40 years. But I still like old school, so I was "fishing" in the "Bay" and saw this:
The stacked leather handle is ugly, but bidders didn't show and I won it for less than $20 shipped! When I got it, it looks like it had been coated with something...I wet a rag with de-natured alcohol and cleaned it up and it wiped right off...then some leather conditioner and it is a great knife...Very stout and old school, but at that price, I won't be shy about using it. A Kabar 1205
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

OFG Hunting knife

Post by Hovannes »

Western Knives were so cool!
I remember seeing their display case in the sporting goods counter in the basement at our local Woolworths store and thinking some day...
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

OFG Hunting knife

Post by Bloodhound »

Here is the Western knife and hatchet. The knife was a graduation present from my Uncle Bill. The hatchet was sent to me by an internet friend for Christmas about 15 years ago, after I had posted a pic of the knife on an upland bird hunting site. Both are in great condition and have been well used but having the Kabar will allow me to be more choosy about when the Western's go to the field.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD