Gender Roles

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Gender Roles

Post by FredS »

One of my nieces, when she was 18 years old - who's now 30ish, grew up in CO, is very liberal, identifies as BI, married a very effeminate man, and moved to Chi Town - and I were sharing breakfast one morning. She said it was weird, how their male cat was a hunter, brought home dead animals, fought other cats, was scarred from battle, and patrolled the perimeter of their yard. I asked why that was weird. She said, seriously, "We never taught him those gender roles". I suggested that maybe he was hard-wired that way. Nature, not nurture. She dismissed that and thought they'd done something wrong when he was a kitten.

I poured another cup of coffee and changed the subject.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Gender Roles

Post by jmg »

FredS wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 11:34 One of my nieces, when she was 18 years old - who's now 30ish, grew up in CO, is very liberal, identifies as BI, married a very effeminate man, and moved to Chi Town - and I were sharing breakfast one morning. She said it was weird, how their male cat was a hunter, brought home dead animals, fought other cats, was scarred from battle, and patrolled the perimeter of their yard. I asked why that was weird. She said, seriously, "We never taught him those gender roles". I suggested that maybe he was hard-wired that way. Nature, not nurture. She dismissed that and thought they'd done something wrong when he was a kitten.

Except for the natural perversion that comes due to a growing tolerance of sin, I have no explanation for this great sexual darkness that is so prevalent these days.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Del
Usher
Usher

Gender Roles

Post by Del »

She wasn't wrong.

She, herself, is a prime example of how a young woman can be nurtured to behave contrary to her nature.

And is she smarter than the cat? Tom Cat learned to grow up a lot faster than she did.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Gender Roles

Post by FredS »

jmg wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 12:58
FredS wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 11:34 One of my nieces, when she was 18 years old - who's now 30ish, grew up in CO, is very liberal, identifies as BI, married a very effeminate man, and moved to Chi Town - and I were sharing breakfast one morning. She said it was weird, how their male cat was a hunter, brought home dead animals, fought other cats, was scarred from battle, and patrolled the perimeter of their yard. I asked why that was weird. She said, seriously, "We never taught him those gender roles". I suggested that maybe he was hard-wired that way. Nature, not nurture. She dismissed that and thought they'd done something wrong when he was a kitten.

Except for the natural perversion that comes due to a growing tolerance of sin, I have no explanation for this great sexual darkness that is so prevalent these days.
Or maybe they let him play with sticks and pretend they were guns or swords or spears or light sabers or wizard wands. Created a toxic masculine tom cat.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

Gender Roles

Post by Del »

Kitten and Niece watched Tom & Jerry cartoons together.

Both were adversely affected.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Gender Roles

Post by jmg »

FredS wrote: 22 Apr 2024, 06:57

Or maybe they let him play with sticks and pretend they were guns or swords or spears or light sabers or wizard wands. Created a toxic masculine tom cat.
That's probably it.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Gender Roles

Post by SlowToke »

jmg wrote: 22 Apr 2024, 16:16
FredS wrote: 22 Apr 2024, 06:57
That's probably it.
It's Occam's Razor- the law of parsimony.
Del
Usher
Usher

Gender Roles

Post by Del »

FredS wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 11:34 I suggested that maybe he was hard-wired that way. Nature, not nurture. She dismissed that and thought they'd done something wrong when he was a kitten.
Curious thing about humans -- we are the only earthly animal that is capable of adopting habits that are contrary to our nature and yet somehow continue to survive.

There must have been some profound failure in her education, that as a young adult she believed that a tomcat would ever be anything but a tomcat.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Gender Roles

Post by FredS »

Del wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 08:12
FredS wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 11:34 I suggested that maybe he was hard-wired that way. Nature, not nurture. She dismissed that and thought they'd done something wrong when he was a kitten.
Curious thing about humans -- we are the only earthly animal that is capable of adopting habits that are contrary to our nature and yet somehow continue to survive.

There must have been some profound failure in her education, that as a young adult she believed that a tomcat would ever be anything but a tomcat.
Unfortunately, she's not alone. There's a whole crop of young adults who think gender/sex is a fluid thing. They would say that FredS isn't male simply because that's the box the doctor checked when he was delivered, but that he can pick and choose his gender. Or his sex. Or whatever makes one male or female. The doctor just guessed based on the dangly bit, but he didn't know what I felt I was. So, I was raised as a male and, tragically, the social norms of the 60's-70's were imprinted. Thankfully, we're more enlightened now - contrary to the entire history of humanity - so I'm free to throw off those artificial shackles and be who I want to be.

We may not live to see it, but this silliness will be tamped down sometime. Perhaps when China formally owns us and jails the "gender fluid" wackos. Or maybe Islamists will sweep elections in 20 years and chop off their heads. A citizenry like ours can't survive long and anybody who cares to use force can overthrow it because there is not enough will to fight back. I know that sounds gloomy, but how long can we go on with these limp-wristed ideals? The weak will always be taken by the strong.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Gender Roles

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
FredS wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 09:12 Unfortunately, she's not alone. There's a whole crop of young adults who think gender/sex is a fluid thing.

[…]
Seems to me that the problem isn't so much that Gender is fluid — Gender is always in-process of cultural renegotiation and cross-pollinization — but rather, whether Gender's fluidity is untethered to stable biological realities (i.e. Sex) as the radical genderists assert.

IOW, fluidity-within-limits vs unlimited fluidity.

:confusion-shrug: