Random Acts of Kindness

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Random Acts of Kindness

Post by JimVH »

Rita had a rough day. A couple of setbacks early in the day just snowballed into a day-long black cloud of problems. By the end of the day I had missed breakfast and lunch. I finally got to the cafeteria late in the service for supper and choices at the buffet were a little dicey. Behind the counter was an overworked, very stern looking woman that I had come to recognize over the last several weeks and had never seen her smile. She stared at me for a moment when I approached the counter and it actually made me a little uncomfortable. "Entree?" she asked abruptly. I chose the turkey meatloaf and we started down the line. At the end of the steam table she stared at me again with an odd look. She commanded me to "Hold on", went back to the entrees, and put a second serving of meatloaf on my plate. I smiled and started to say thank you and she shushed me, winked again, and whispered "it's a secret". She handed me my plate, gave me a muffled chuckle, and shooed me away.

She recognized whatever look I had on my face and chose kindness. A simple act that totally changed my mood and carried me through the evening.

BTW, Rita will conquer today's setbacks. Everything's gonna be alright.

Please help me keep this thread going.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Random Acts of Kindness

Post by FredS »

My wife's boss, who's 30 years her junior and has come to respect and rely on her, gave her a box of baked goods yesterday for her anniversary. MrsFredS said her anniversary is next month. Boss lady said "I know."

The treats are from the gluten free bakery MrsFredS loves.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson