Trump shot at Pennsylvania rally

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I should get paid for such insightful analysis:
earlier today, FredS wrote: 22 Jul 2024, 05:59 I don't expect that Cheatle is DEI enough and she'll be out by the end of the week. There's no longer any fallout if Biden takes heat for her appointment or her inaction so the D's will join the R's in calling for her resignation or firing.
As a Democratic appointee whose boss quit a day ago, you know you're going to be hung out to dry when even AOC comes down against you. Cheatle should have resigned last night, or first thing this morning before appearing at the hearing. She should have read the tea leaves and ran from the whole mess while she had a shred of a reputation left. After her testimony she'll be lucky to get a job supervising third shift mall cops.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by SlowToke »

FredS wrote: 22 Jul 2024, 12:37After her testimony she'll be lucky to get a job supervising third shift mall cops.
That was my thought as well. Who on earth would hire her now? I'm not even sure she could go back to guarding Doritos.
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

SlowToke wrote: 22 Jul 2024, 18:24
FredS wrote: 22 Jul 2024, 12:37After her testimony she'll be lucky to get a job supervising third shift mall cops.
That was my thought as well. Who on earth would hire her now? I'm not even sure she could go back to guarding Doritos.
Here's the clip from today's Congressional testimony:

"Ma'am, you are a DEI horror story."

https://x.com/stillgray/status/1815438500818190482
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

And.... the toast is done.

Secret Service Director Resigns Amid Uproar Over Trump Assassination Attempt

Her resignation letter to USSS agents:

https://x.com/GioBenitez/status/1815758748444451162

I knew that Kim Cheatle came from head of security at PepsiCo. I did not know that she had served as a Secret Service field agent for almost 3 decades prior. I feel like I unfairly characterized her career by suggesting that she had been corporate security for all of her life.

Simple fact is: A good teacher is not enough to make a good principal. And a good Secret Service field agent is not enough to make a great managing Director, especially when she was hired primarily to increase diversity and recruit more female agents (sacrificing the vital mission to secure the safety of those in care of SS). Biden and Mayorkas set her up for failure, with lives on the line.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I don't understand why she put herself through the agony of Congressional testimony though. It wasn't to save her honor, or because she was committed to the mission - she didn't take this seriously. She showed up to testify with no reports, charts, maps, plans, explanations, or excuses about the events nine days earlier. She never visited the crime scene herself and she handed off the subsequent investigation to the FBI. Del is being too kind. It doesn't matter that she was an agent or how successful she was at that job, she failed badly in her leadership of what is essentially a Presidential Police Force, and she lied about it to the Congressional Committee. Perhaps - most probably even, but she refused to speak on it - she didn't prepare or approve the protection plan that day but she managed those who did, and as far as we know - again, she wouldn't say when under oath - she never even reviewed it after the shooting. As far as she shared in her testimony, she's not spent a single minute trying to figure out what happened. Like Biden's senility, this YUGE character flaw, not taking her mission seriously enough to gather and report even minor facts, has surely been there for those who ever cared to take a look. It wasn't just a bad 90-minute performance in a lifetime of excellence. She was never qualified for the post. Just ask the families of the 4 men who were shot.

Aghh, this sort of ineptitude and disconcern for human life by our top protectors drives me mad!
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

Fred nailed it.... Since the assassination attempt, she has not shown a bit of professionalism. Unprepared, uncaring, unresponsive. If she had shown even a normal response to having failed at her mission -- by quickly getting to the bottom of what went wrong and making some immediate effort to fix it, and by sharing details with the press and with Congress -- then she would not have been subpoenaed and forced to such a fierce grilling. Perhaps not even forced to resign.

She even went on an elite mountain vacation in Colorado, as if nothing important was going on. Somebody told her that she had to cut that short and make an appearance at the RNC Convention.... but she wasn't prepared to look professional and she refused to answer questions. I'm sure her handlers expected her to be prepared to do some high-profile press conferences, a perfect opportunity to represent Biden and steal some thunder from the Republicans. Now I'm sure that they wish she had stayed in Colorado.

But I still blame Biden and Mayorkas. They didn't want a high security expert... They wanted a WOMAN, for symbolic purposes. And they hired this woman, and kept her in place, long after it was apparent that she wasn't competent for the job. She was a feature, not a bug.

She's not the only one. Sam Brinton, Rachel Levine, Ketanji Brown Jackson, Kamala Herself Almighty....

Right below inflation and border security, DEI and identity politics are high on the list of reasons why Trump is back and stronger than ever.
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by SlowToke »

To me, I think she behaves like a patsy who wasn't given a choice. Take it, we will pay you a decent sum, then disappear. The Democrats feigning outrage is part of the show. The assassination attempt reeks of an inside job, imo. We won't know until far in the future when no one cares anymore just like the JFK assassination by the CIA.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

SlowToke wrote: 23 Jul 2024, 17:52 To me, I think she behaves like a patsy who wasn't given a choice. Take it, we will pay you a decent sum, then disappear. The Democrats feigning outrage is part of the show. The assassination attempt reeks of an inside job, imo. We won't know until far in the future when no one cares anymore just like the JFK assassination by the CIA.
+1 on this. She took the fall, and will retire with a very fat check. But she better sleep with one eye open, and watch her back.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 23 Jul 2024, 18:37
SlowToke wrote: 23 Jul 2024, 17:52 To me, I think she behaves like a patsy who wasn't given a choice. Take it, we will pay you a decent sum, then disappear. The Democrats feigning outrage is part of the show. The assassination attempt reeks of an inside job, imo. We won't know until far in the future when no one cares anymore just like the JFK assassination by the CIA.
+1 on this. She took the fall, and will retire with a very fat check. But she better sleep with one eye open, and watch her back.
+1+1. Cheatle is a lighting rod, and voters remember Rambo Trump every time she lights up. Kamala's campaign should be keen to see her disappear as quickly and quietly as possible.

It must be great to be a Democrat. Get rich quickly by failing so spectacularly. Never having to be excellent to begin with.
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

Matt Walsh devoted his show's opening monologue to Cheatle's congressional testimony. It looked exactly like a cover-up, and nothing else. What was she hiding? Why was she stonewalling? Why did she refuse to answer even the basic, simple questions?

This is not tinfoil hat stuff. Watch this:

The number of shell casings on the roof is an important detail.... We all heard the shots on the video, so we'd like to know if the number of shell casings matches the number of shots. If it doesn't match up, perhaps there was a second shooter, right?

I've seen the ABC News graphic which shows that all of the shooting victims are in a straight line from the shooter, so it's clear to me that there was just one shooter. It would cost Cheatle nothing to admit that X number of shells were found, X or Y number of shots were heard in analysis of the video, and all of the victims were in a straight line from the shooter. Simple facts here.

Except that if she answers most questions and refuses to answer some questions, that would be a big clue as to what they are trying to hide.

Here is Walsh's monologue, if you wish to read it:
Secret Service Director Resigns But The Cover-Up Continues