My song...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

My song...

Post by jmg »

Alright...don't laugh. Or do. Anyway, I wrote this song, partial song, quite a few years ago, but I've never finished it. Figured I'd throw it on youtube to see if some rando ever comes across it and sees fit to add to it. Lyrics, instrumental, or whatever.

I can't really sing or play the guitar. Not self-deprecating, I just know who I am, and I'm ok with it. But maybe somebody who is good at those things may do something with it.

"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

My song...

Post by sweetandsour »

I'm not where I can listen to your song right now. But your use of the word "rando" in your post is interesting. I made many thousands of gallons of various Rando hydraulic fluids during my career with Texaco. Now Chevron uses the Rando brand name. They are premium industrial hydraulic fluids.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

My song...

Post by Bloodhound »

That is kind of the same story of the song "Wagon Wheel" Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show saw a clip of Bob Dylan singing/playing a bit of the chorus and Ketch Secor took the ball and ran with it...

Good luck...I hope someone is able to flesh it out and make it a huge hit
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

My song...

Post by FredS »

For the record, JMG sings waaaaay better than Bob Dylan.

To bad JMG's wife isn't named Annie. She'd already have a song.

Also, OCMS is an awesome band to see live.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

My song...

Post by sweetandsour »

I like it. Reminds me of an old song by a Texas artist, not Willie or RW Hubbard, or JJ Walker or MM Murphey, but one of the other guys. BW Stevenson or Rusty Wier maybe.

If you can possibly write the words down and send a PM, I'll be glad to try to add some to it.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

My song...

Post by jmg »

Troubadour wrote: 30 May 2022, 20:39
jmg wrote: 25 May 2022, 21:31 Alright...don't laugh. Or do. Anyway, I wrote this song, partial song, quite a few years ago, but I've never finished it. Figured I'd throw it on youtube to see if some rando ever comes across it and sees fit to add to it. Lyrics, instrumental, or whatever.

I can't really sing or play the guitar. Not self-deprecating, I just know who I am, and I'm ok with it. But maybe somebody who is good at those things may do something with it.

I could possibly do a cover with a different recording. I'll let you know, no promises right now.
It's no worries. I just threw it out there on a whim in case somebody gets bored and wants to mess around with it. I'm sure I'll finish it one of these years.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden