This is fun...new/old B&M tobacco shop

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

So a lot of years ago, and I mean a lot of years, I decided I needed a 2nd pipe in my pile...yup a time when I only had one and wanted a second...anyway...I was in downtown Denver and stopped into a pipe and cigar shop and bought a basket pipe to be my number 2. Over the years, I have purchased a couple more pipes at the shop and tobacco and cigars and lighter fluid and...prior to going to work in the downtown area, I would hit the shop when I was in the area.

Well over the past 20 years, the shop has moved from a spot on the 16th street mall to a spot off the mall but in one of the "Shopping Districts" off the mall, then to a spot near the mall, but a couple blocks off. All of these locations have been about a 10 min walk from my office that has been my work site for the last 14 years.

Due to my wife's recovery from surgery it has been about four weeks since I have been into the office. So yesterday when I was in, I noticed that a business had gone into the old empty 7-11 store in the base of the down town Sheriton across the street from my office building...it is the Tobacco shop...now its a 30 second walk from my office building door! How cool is that?
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 09:17 How cool is that?
Ummm, way cool. I'm jealous.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

I forgot to mention that this is the shop that blends up my favorite flavored blend. They call it Pilot's Blend... A few years ago, I sent some around in the box pass...it is wonderful...I will be stopping in for more on Tuesday when I am back in the office.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Post by jmg »

JimVH wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 09:25
Bloodhound wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 09:17 How cool is that?
Ummm, way cool. I'm jealous.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

There is not a single tobacco pipe shop in the entire Madison metro area. The few shut down in 2008, when the smoking ban fell upon the state.

There are still a few cigar bars, some walk-in humidors, and numerous head shops.

But a friendly store to help the college kids play at Old Fashioned Gentleman? I can't even.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

Well I didn't make it to the shop yesterday...the day got away from me. I will likely get there tomorrow.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Post by joegoat »

Lucky duck!
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

I am on call tomorrow...that means tied to my desk all day....but Monday looks like a day I could make it to the shop. I'll stop in before I head up to meet FredS Monday afternoon.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

UPDATE

I stopped into the shop Monday after work & before meeting FredS in Longmont. They didn't have any "Pilot's Blend". Previously they had refused to tell me whose blend it was...they bought in bulk and they just re-packaged and named it "Pilot's Blend". So I asked if they had some, and the owner was now willing to tell me who they got the blend from...McClelland...So no more "Pilot's Blend" ...I didn't tell him that I have 16+ oz of Pilots blend at the house
:) He still wouldn't tell me what McClelland called the blend...not that it matters at this point.

The shop is nice, but they still do not have a smoking lounge...just 3 chairs in the lobby. Its still nice to have them closer...but I had hoped for so much more.

On a side note, the shop where FredS and I met is very nice...couple of lounges and a patio. Nice clerk and it was good to see Fred.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Bloodhound wrote: 22 Jun 2022, 09:42 On a side note, the shop where FredS and I met is very nice...couple of lounges and a patio. Nice clerk and it was good to see Fred.
It was good to be seen.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson