How spoiled are your pets?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Thunktank »

Mine get:

1. Birthday presents
2. Christmas presents
3. A few bites of most dinners
4. Hang out on one of the couches
5. Allowed to visit us in our bedroom, but don’t get to sleep there.
6. Go with us on dog allowed vacations.
7. Get dog cologne after a bath
8. Get the TV if we leave to go out in the evening.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

Thunktank wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 18:38 Mine get:

1. Birthday presents
2. Christmas presents
3. A few bites of most dinners
4. Hang out on one of the couches
5. Allowed to visit us in our bedroom, but don’t get to sleep there.
6. Go with us on dog allowed vacations.
7. Get dog cologne after a bath
8. Get the TV if we leave to go out in the evening.
#4. That's about it.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Post by joegoat »

The brown dog and cats get to sleep on the couch. The black lab is too old to bother with the couch.
They all get Christmas presents.
The grey cat gets treats every time dad is in the kitchen. The calico gets them if she's also present.
The brown dog occasionally sleeps in the bed if mom is away for the night. Again, the black lab is too old to jump up.
The cats have free reign of everything in the house because they're cats and supreme bitches if they don't approve of the boundaries you've set.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Every decision we make starts with how it impacts the dog.

Memory foam and traditional foam beds are available up and down stairs, depending on her desires at the moment. However, she sleeps in our bed at night and constantly defies the physics of dimension and mass moving me around in bed to suit herself. She also has her own space on the couch. Then there’s the foam dog house in the den in case she needs privacy. She has more toys than I ever had as a kid. At any given time our house looks like a herd of toddlers live in it. My daughter and grandson frequently add to the collection. They even go hang out with her if we are not at home. She has similar, but not quite as elaborate furnishings at my daughter’s house (which we call the dog’s vacation home).

Oh, and there’s a dog bed under our bed to hide from thunderstorm and fireworks events.

Every night at bedtime she gives Rita and I each a goodnight kiss. Sure there’s a treat involved, but I prefer to think it’s purely a gesture of affection.

When we walk, she stops in front of almost every house to give ample time for residents to come out and adore her. A surprising number actually do and many bring treats. She is uniquely comfortable with her celebrity status and is blatantly intolerant of any other pet trying to horn in her limelight. Pure diva.

The girls at the vet fight over her when we drop her off for her check ups and hair appointments.

Anytime we are away from the house she gets either Willy’s Roadhouse or the Elvis channel piped through the Alexa thing. If we are away very long I changed the channels via my phone. Dog cannot live on Elvis alone.

Her diet is high-end and gets microwaved before each meal to be served at that just-right temperature.

She has a winter wardrobe and chooses her own sweater each day when it’s cool. She’ll drag it around the house until one of us puts it on her.

Most of the time if we’re in the car, she’s in the car. She’s an excellent traveler.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Thunktank »

Jim needs an award. I aspire to be like Jim. :romance-heartsthree:
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Thunktank wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 11:55 Jim needs an award. I aspire to be like Jim. :romance-heartsthree:
I'd like to be his b!tch.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

When I worked my Bloodhound, I bought her a boat for water work and training. My wife used to tell our friends that Cissy's boat was nicer than my wife's car. We went out after the cop killers/bank robbers in Cortez. Colorado and the Feds flew us in and out each day in a Bell JetRanger Helicopter. I called my wife nd told her Cissy wanted to sell the boat and get a helicopter...

Cissy has been gone 19 years...and Penny still refers to her as the most spoiled K9 in history.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

We lost the 16 year old dog yesterday. She was too fat to get on and off our bed by herself, and she wasn't spoiled enough to have her own set of stairs, so - to be fair - we kept the bedroom door closed so the newish puppy couldn't sleep on the bed either. Now the door will stay open. The pup and I are both in the habit of getting up at 5:30a. Since he now can, he made sure Mrs FredS knew it was time to get up at 5:30 this morning too. I've known this for a long time, but today, Jax found out Mrs FredS is not a fan of slobbery kisses at 5:30.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

FredS wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 09:58 We lost the 16 year old dog yesterday.
I'm sorry, Fred.