Prince/Duke Albert???

Questions, Reviews, Storage, anything about `baccy
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Prince/Duke Albert???

Post by jmg »

I have a day coming. Was thinking of picking up a lb of tobacco to put back to mark the occasion. Has anyone tried the Duke Albert match? Anything like PA? Any good? Or, does anyone have a tub of PA they are looking to sell?
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Prince/Duke Albert???

Post by Yohanan »

I haven't tried the Duke Albert, it's a Sutliff blend, and I'm going to assume by the description that it is the same thing as, or was Pipes and Cigars Prince Andrew, if that's the case, I have tried the Prince Andrew and it did not taste like Prince Albert for me, But on it's own merits, was a decent tobacco blend with hints of cocoa rice krispies.
***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Prince/Duke Albert???

Post by sweetandsour »

I haven't seen any tubs, but I've been buying pouches of the current PA, (which reportedly comes from Dom Rep), at our local grocery store. I actually really like this new version a little better than the previous version, or else I've just quickly grown accustomed to it.

I didn't care for the match Prince Andrew, or whatever it was, at all, that came out several years ago. Several of us on the old CPS site pitched in, and someone then bought several match blends that were all being introduced at the time, divided them up and sent samples to the participants.

I have not tried the Duke Albert, and don't plan to, as long as I can get the PA here locally. JMG if you're interested in pouches of PA just let me know.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Prince/Duke Albert???

Post by jmg »

sweetandsour wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 09:19 I haven't seen any tubs, but I've been buying pouches of the current PA, (which reportedly comes from Dom Rep), at our local grocery store. I actually really like this new version a little better than the previous version, or else I've just quickly grown accustomed to it.

I didn't care for the match Prince Andrew, or whatever it was, at all, that came out several years ago. Several of us on the old CPS site pitched in, and someone then bought several match blends that were all being introduced at the time, divided them up and sent samples to the participants.

I have not tried the Duke Albert, and don't plan to, as long as I can get the PA here locally. JMG if you're interested in pouches of PA just let me know.
Given your review, I will probably go the pouch route if I can't find a tub. I'll try to keep my eye out around here. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Del
Usher
Usher

Prince/Duke Albert???

Post by Del »

Did something happen to Prince Albert when I wasn't looking?

https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/12 ... nce-albert
I see that production has moved to Dominican Republic. Why? Has it made a big difference?
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Prince/Duke Albert???

Post by jmg »

Del wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 11:28 Did something happen to Prince Albert when I wasn't looking?

https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/12 ... nce-albert
I see that production has moved to Dominican Republic. Why? Has it made a big difference?
I'll have to defer to those who have tried the new stuff. But from others, I have heard that there is a noticeable, although enjoyable, difference.

Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Prince/Duke Albert???

Post by Bloodhound »

sweet&sour had me try some Granger and it was good, but I didn't take it any further. Then I decided I wanted a basic Burley for fishing and bird hunting. So I lined up the samples of PA, SWR and Granger. I have been a big fan of SWR...that said the Granger was a runaway best if the 3...it was head and shoulders better. Then I decided to play with it some, and added some Peter Stokkebye blending Dark Fired Kentucky and Katy bar the door. That my friends is a blend if you like solid burley flavor with some kick to it. I blended it 75/25 and it was so good I have an order in with Granger and PS. And its cheap to smoke too.

Thank you sweet&sour for showing me the light and Granger!

Granger = Wonderful all day smoke
Granger/PS = Fantastic after dinner smoke
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD