The Unseen Realm

For the thinkers, theologians, philospophers.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

The Unseen Realm

Post by jmg »

Troubadour wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 22:06 If I had to postulate, I'd say that the "unseen" realm is the perfect and mathematical". And the "seen realm" is the imperfect and physical.

Though at the same time, there are phenomenon rooted in the physical, such as mind, which aren't able to be "seen' either.
I like to think in terms of "Flatlandia" and the experience of a three dimensional object crossing into the two dimensional plane. It would appear out of nowhere, as a small (in width) line that gradually grew (if crossing from a top to bottom direction), then, after the point of widest circumference, began to shrink until the point of disappearance. If the supernatural exist in an extra-dimensional realm, maybe it could interact with our realm, though we could only experience it as a three-dimensional object. Thus, we would never experience it as it truly is. Seemingly...a miracle. This is my human, finite brain trying to make sense of the supernatural, mind you.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent

The Unseen Realm

Post by Hugo Drax »

Take a moment and think how science has proved how little of the visible and audible spectrum can be seen or heard by any creature, let alone man. That's where the demons and angels are, in my mind. Surrounding us unseen, speaking to us unheard. Might be why the Holy Ghost groans on our behalf, no?

Anyway, post count plus one, I suppose. I haven't read the book and just riffed on the title. I'll bow out now. :D
Weenies are us.
gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

The Unseen Realm

Post by gaining_age »

Hugo Drax wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 05:41 Take a moment and think how science has proved how little of the visible and audible spectrum can be seen or heard by any creature, let alone man. That's where the demons and angels are, in my mind. Surrounding us unseen, speaking to us unheard. Might be why the Holy Ghost groans on our behalf, no?

Anyway, post count plus one, I suppose. I haven't read the book and just riffed on the title. I'll bow out now. :D
Interesting point/perspective.

We do have equipment to measure some of the spectrum. What is more interesting of late is the recent Noble prize research where entities at subatomic particle (or what not) are linked even when separated so messing with one impacts the other. We have no measurement of the process (yet) but observation that there is connectedness. I would tend to think more of this perspective as the Ghosthunters walk around with detectors all the time and don't really get solid consistent readings by field sensors. But I'm no aficionado.

G.
Wosbald

The Unseen Realm

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

The Unseen Realm

Post by sweetandsour »

Wosbald wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 08:26 +JMJ+

pffft. You should have been around for the candy corn thread.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.