Cocktails

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Cocktails

Post by sweetandsour »

Celery tonic. I had to Google it.

What is a celery tonic?
Preparation. Muddle celery with sugar and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker, 1 minute. Add gin, fill shaker with ice, and shake until outside of shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice and garnish with a lemon twist.
https://www.bonappetit.com › recipe
Celery Tonic Recipe | Bon Appétit
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Cocktails

Post by Del »

that's an interesting concept.

I'm tempted to skip the sugar and shake up some muddled celery/gin as the base for a kick-asterisk Bloody Mary!
Del
Usher
Usher

Cocktails

Post by Del »

ImageImage
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Cocktails

Post by Bloodhound »

Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Cocktails

Post by JimVH »

Had a Jameson Mule last weekend.

2oz Jameson
Healthy squeeze of lime
Ginger beer
Ice

It was a great warm weather, sitting in the driveway cocktail. I used a brand new solo cup to feel extra fancy.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Cocktails

Post by sweetandsour »

Here it is.
1 stalk of celery chopped
1/2 - 1 Tbls sugar
1 oz lemon juice
Muddle very well (~ 1 min) in a shaker

Fill shaker with ice, add 2 oz gin, shake until shaker gets frosty. Strain into an ice filled glass. Recipes call for a twist of lemon peel, but I substituted a couple of olives. Very refreshing.
IMG_20220805_161144540.jpg
IMG_20220805_161144540.jpg (5.34 MiB) Viewed 645 times
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Cocktails

Post by Bloodhound »

I like the idea of cock tails, but it is a rare thing that I mix anything with my alcohol. Maybe an ice cube or a drop or two of water. It just tastes good by itself. I should find a cocktail that I like as it would make the Bourbon or Scotch go further...

I used to buy bitters and ad to vodka or gin...but that little bottle is up to $14 now...crazy...thats more than I pay for the Vodka :)
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Cocktails

Post by sweetandsour »

Bloodhound wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 12:46 I like the idea of cock tails, but it is a rare thing that I mix anything with my alcohol. Maybe an ice cube or a drop or two of water. It just tastes good by itself. I should find a cocktail that I like as it would make the Bourbon or Scotch go further...

I used to buy bitters and ad to vodka or gin...but that little bottle is up to $14 now...crazy...thats more than I pay for the Vodka :)
Yeah, I hear you. I mostly enjoy sipping, maybe with a few small ice cubes, with whiskeys or bourbon. In the summer, in the south, though, it's hard to beat a good gin & tonic, especially during Covid, so that I feel like I'm doing what the old folks used to call "having a precaution". Also, I have a couple of different mint plants growing in pots on my back patio, which make for fresh mint juleps. I'll use a dash of bitters here and there as well. A small bottle of bitters lasts for years at my house. And it's been years since I bought a bottle. $14? Wow!
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Cocktails

Post by Bloodhound »

sweetandsour wrote: 17 Aug 2022, 06:00
Bloodhound wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 12:46 I like the idea of cock tails, but it is a rare thing that I mix anything with my alcohol. Maybe an ice cube or a drop or two of water. It just tastes good by itself. I should find a cocktail that I like as it would make the Bourbon or Scotch go further...

Yeah, I hear you. I mostly enjoy sipping, maybe with a few small ice cubes, with whiskeys or bourbon. In the summer, in the south, though, it's hard to beat a good gin & tonic, especially during Covid, so that I feel like I'm doing what the old folks used to call "having a precaution". Also, I have a couple of different mint plants growing in pots on my back patio, which make for fresh mint juleps. I'll use a dash of bitters here and there as well. A small bottle of bitters lasts for years at my house. And it's been years since I bought a bottle. $14? Wow!
Penny likes Moscow Mules...So it seem like once a summer or so we get out the special cups and I enjoy that...mostly because she enjoys it and the prep and special cups. She doesn't drink but 2 or 3 times a year, so its fun to drag out the gear
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...