Why would anyone vote for Donald Trump?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

gaining_age wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 07:32
Del wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 06:12
Most Republican voters -- and even a lot of Trump's fans -- didn't really want to see him run again.
Yes...

He'll be 78 at next election.... we already have a 78 year old in office.. please let's not do this again.
People want Trump back...
Noooo.....

He did quite a few accomplishments but was unable to campaign upon them previously. He's still taking everything personally and his "you and Obama messed everything up" was his key message at a debate in 2020 rather than "here's what I've done". He may have more momentum in saying "this is how you're still messing things up" but that dog has run it's course.

He's rather a mess and I don't want the pendulum to swing from one mess to another for a presidential leadership. You clean things up.. you clean things out.. but you don't keep shouting about how messed up things are. He didn't do that with election (accept defeat and work to change the system-- not gripe and get people riled up) and he isn't/didn't do that with the bureaucracies... FBI still kind of wound up... and Non Supreme Court Justice Merrick seems rather vindictive too... not a good picture of behavior for our administrative/executive branches.

The raid is a disaster and great politics... each side can pick their talking point and be right!
* He had files!
* They told us to put a lock on the door!.. we did... they knew we had it and we were complying!
* The files were top secret!
* He declassified the files!

Finger pointing galore... if you're not confused and waiting for next details for someone to sort out the file raid you're swayed by viewpoint (bias) or by biased media.

What a freakin' mess....

G.
Sticking entirely to the observable facts at this point:

-- Biden Admin have riled up the hornets' nest again. Lots of new anger and excitement buzzing. Topics like Hillary's email server and illegal confidential docs and Obama's stash of millions docs are hot and relevant again. I didn't think the conservative base could become more motivated, but this raises the intensity.

-- Trump got a bump in popularity from this. We'll see if it lasts, but I think we're going to need a lot more popcorn to get through Republican primary season.

I don't think this will hurt DeSantis if he decides to run. He can wait until more facts are disclosed, and campaign on whatever is appropriate. Reforming or disbanding the FBI? Charges against Wray and Garland? He has plenty of time before any appropriate action is clear.

Anyhow abuse of power by the Deep State is more urgent now, but this won't become a major campaign issue. We've still got huge Biden messes to fix.
- Border crisis,
- inflation,
- energy,
- that mess with Putin,
- China & Taiwan,
- China in general,
- crime in our cities,
- groomers in our schools,
- securing the right to life for children.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 11:34
Del wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 06:12
Most Republican voters -- and even a lot of Trump's fans -- didn't really want to see him run again.
Yes...

He'll be 78 at next election.... we already have a 78 year old in office.. please let's not do this again.
People want Trump back...
Noooo.....

He did quite a few accomplishments but was unable to campaign upon them previously. He's still taking everything personally and his "you and Obama messed everything up" was his key message at a debate in 2020 rather than "here's what I've done". He may have more momentum in saying "this is how you're still messing things up" but that dog has run it's course.

He's rather a mess and I don't want the pendulum to swing from one mess to another for a presidential leadership. You clean things up.. you clean things out.. but you don't keep shouting about how messed up things are. He didn't do that with election (accept defeat and work to change the system-- not gripe and get people riled up) and he isn't/didn't do that with the bureaucracies... FBI still kind of wound up... and Non Supreme Court Justice Merrick seems rather vindictive too... not a good picture of behavior for our administrative/executive branches.

The raid is a disaster and great politics... each side can pick their talking point and be right!
* He had files!
* They told us to put a lock on the door!.. we did... they knew we had it and we were complying!

Finger pointing galore... if you're not confused and waiting for next details for someone to sort out the file raid you're swayed by viewpoint (bias) or by biased media.

What a freakin' mess....

G.

-- Biden Admin have riled up the hornets' nest again. Lots of new anger and excitement buzzing. Topics like Hillary's email server and illegal confidential docs and Obama's stash of millions docs are hot and relevant again. I didn't think the conservative base could become more motivated, but this raises the intensity.

-- Trump got a bump in popularity from this. We'll see if it lasts, but I think we're going to need a lot more popcorn to get through Republican primary season.

I don't think this will hurt DeSantis if he decides to run. He can wait until more facts are disclosed, and campaign on whatever is appropriate. Reforming or disbanding the FBI? Charges against Wray and Garland? He has plenty of time before any appropriate action is clear.

Anyhow abuse of power by the Deep State is more urgent now, but this won't become a major campaign issue. We've still got huge Biden messes to fix.
- Border crisis,
- inflation,
- energy,
- that mess with Putin,
- China & Taiwan,
- China in general,
- crime in our cities,
My father in law said of the FBI raid, "they've opened a can of worms that they can't fish with".

WRT DeSantis, yes, he's a kinder gentler Trump, if Trump would just get out of the way, which he won't. His ego is big enough to split the Rep vote and hand the election to Dems, rather than not run. And the Rep.s know this.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 12:51
Del wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 11:34
Yes...

Noooo.....

* He had files!

What a freakin' mess....

G.

- Border crisis,
- inflation,
- energy,
- that mess with Putin,
- China & Taiwan,
- China in general,
- crime in our cities,
My father in law said of the FBI raid, "they've opened a can of worms that they can't fish with".

WRT DeSantis, yes, he's a kinder gentler Trump, if Trump would just get out of the way, which he won't. His ego is big enough to split the Rep vote and hand the election to Dems, rather than not run. And the Rep.s know this.
Like I said.... This is going to be a lot of popcorn!
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by tuttle »

Biden is bad, Trump is better, DeSantis is best.

Aside from Trump's ego, the biggest distinction between Trump and DeSantis is COVID. Trump got turned every which way by the swamp he claimed to drain. It was his administration that laid the foundation for all the COVID tyranny that took place during and after they left. Even after his term he was out giving speeches bloviating about how great the vaccines were.

I don't think Trump would have taken it as far as Biden. I lost my job under Biden and I truly believe I wouldn't have lost it under Trump. But DeSantis was at one point the lone official voice standing up against all the tyranny resulting from it. I'd rather have a man of principle than what appears to be an appeaser, which is why you saw Trump change his tune on COVID stuff.

But Del's right, it's gonna be lit.

I think the midterms are going to reveal a bit before the big show.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

tuttle wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 05:49 But Del's right, it's gonna be lit.

A side-note on the midterms.... I'm seeing something new this year that I've never seen before. Democrat policies are so obviously bad that everyone can see it. Biden is so painfully unpopular that the regime media can't deny it. Democrat candidates don't have anything positive to fire up their base.

So Democrats have been spending money on ads crafted to encourage the Republican base to support the most deplorable, ultra-MAGA, Trump-endorsed candidates.

All they have to run against is Trump, and they are honestly scared that not enough Republican voters want Trump to run again.

Seems like a crazy strategy... Democrats could hold on to their control easily just by letting us pump some oil and guard our border a bit. And hold up on trying to groom and trans our kids so much.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by tuttle »

Del wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 06:35
tuttle wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 05:49 But Del's right, it's gonna be lit.

A side-note on the midterms.... I'm seeing something new this year that I've never seen before. Democrat policies are so obviously bad that everyone can see it. Biden is so painfully unpopular that the regime media can't deny it. Democrat candidates don't have anything positive to fire up their base.

So Democrats have been spending money on ads crafted to encourage the Republican base to support the most deplorable, ultra-MAGA, Trump-endorsed candidates.

All they have to run against is Trump, and they are honestly scared that not enough Republican voters want Trump to run again.

Seems like a crazy strategy... Democrats could hold on to their control easily just by letting us pump some oil and guard our border a bit. And hold up on trying to groom and trans our kids so much.
There was a lot of dem money spent in MO pumping up Eric Greitens in the Senate primary. He was a perfect candidate for them to back: MAGA all the way but also a sleezeball that Missourians didn't want. If he won they'd have a chance to get their candidate in. But he came in like 3rd so it'll be an easy ride for Shmitt.

It's not that crazy of a strategy though. Especially when they have their thumb on the electoral scale in some regions. And even though they are losing on all the issues in reality, their base doesn't live in reality. They think boys can be girls and that there is no inflation if a Republicans says there is. They are the forces for good and the other side is just evil racist hillbilly insurrectionists. It's a power game, not a thinking game. You can't reason with their base.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

tuttle wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 08:45 There was a lot of dem money spent in MO pumping up Eric Greitens in the Senate primary. He was a perfect candidate for them to back: MAGA all the way but also a sleezeball that Missourians didn't want. If he won they'd have a chance to get their candidate in. But he came in like 3rd so it'll be an easy ride for Shmitt.

It's not that crazy of a strategy though. Especially when they have their thumb on the electoral scale in some regions. And even though they are losing on all the issues in reality, their base doesn't live in reality. They think boys can be girls and that there is no inflation if a Republicans says there is. They are the forces for good and the other side is just evil racist hillbilly insurrectionists. It's a power game, not a thinking game. You can't reason with their base.
I get it.... "You can fool some of the people all of the time."

The gullible cretins will decide the next several elections.

My hope is that a great many people are awake now -- between what they've done to our economy and what they've done to our schools -- and there won't be as many oblivious fools as there used to be.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

coco wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 04:31 Because he's not the other guy. It's how Biden got elected.
Why is this thread up to 3 pages? It was finished with the second post.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

FredS wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 09:25
coco wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 04:31 Because he's not the other guy. It's how Biden got elected.
Chattering about politics is a hobby for some people. Like trading stocks.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Del wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 10:18
FredS wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 09:25
Chattering about politics is a hobby for some people. Like trading stocks.
You should take up fly tying. Or bowling. Or stamp collecting. Ever try Wordle? Maybe gardening?
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson