Pelosi banned from communion

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Thunktank wrote: 27 May 2022, 09:10
coco wrote: 27 May 2022, 06:53 And as a reminder, we should pray for her to repent. Sure, it would take a miracle for her to do so, but God does that sort of thing.
So if people forget to pray for a miracle of repentance will God provide a miracle for that too? And if repentance requires a miracle, than why doesn’t God do it for everyone?
And why do the unborn go to heaven but most adults don’t?

I don’t understand Pelosi either. But I think she needs to grow up in her old age and apologize to the Catholic Church. Or maybe it really is just the American bishops who are out of control and need to apologize to her binding her to the world she help create. This quote of Pelosi’s says a lot:
This [topic] really gets me burned up in case you didn't notice, because again I'm very Catholic, devout, practicing, all of that. They would like to throw me out. But I'm not going because I don't want to make their day," she said earlier this month.
Anyway, I want to know when American conservative Christians are going to pray for miracles of repentance from the likes of Trump, Cruz and Abbot for supporting the NRA who refuse to support basic legislation that can save lives of some breathing children, teachers and grandmothers. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander I say. And when are the American Catholic bishops going to go after conservative Catholic politicians who support the death penalty which the Catholic Church also condemns? I hear hell’s bells all over.
Repentance doesn't require any miracles. Jesus even admits that those who are hardened of heart will not repent, even if someone rose from the dead and appeared just to tell them so.

As for gun control.... Republicans support and passed a great many common-sense gun laws. If Democrats can think of a common-sense policy that we have overlooked, we'd love to consider it.

As for protecting schools and children.... I've heard a lot in the last few days about putting resource officers back into schools, and even arming teachers who want to be trained in the proper use of guns, tasers, pepper spray, etc. The best way to defend a school is to have preparation and weapons inside the school before any attack arrives.

The NRA (an organization of concerned citizens) is not responsible for this attack. But they could be part of preventing more attacks.

As for capital punishment..... There is a canon law specifically demanding the excommunication of those who directly involve themselves in procuring abortions. Mostly because the culture around us is so pro-abortion. Just like St. Paul had to talk a lot about avoiding idol worship.

Republicans are not standing up in Congress daily (next to never, actually) demanding every American to support the death penalty. I know of no Catholic Republicans who have done so.

The internet tells me that 1491 total convicted criminals have been executed since 1976. That's about one-half the number of children killed by abortion each and every day since 1973. The sheer scale makes abortion an urgent problem demanding immediate justice.

To be precise, Catholic faith does "condemn" the death penalty. We do not support it -- because it is not necessary, not because it is unjust.
The industrial mass killing of innocent children as a legally protected "right" -- This is condemned as a grave injustice. I am glad we are escalating the condemnation.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by tuttle »

Arming children is better than disarming children.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Del
Usher
Usher

Pelosi banned from communtion

Post by Del »

Troubadour wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 14:49 Yeah, hopefully Vatican III will rectify that to some extent, at least as far as the concerns which go beyond the "human life" equation.
What sort of "concerns" are you thinking of?

Do not expect anything like "Vatican III" in your lifetime. The world's bishops do not see any doctrinal confusion requiring an ecumenical council to correct.

We are still mainly focused on establishing the authentic reforms of Vatican II, which was hijacked by liberal reformers who imposed all sorts of damage "in the spirit of Vatican II." It may take a couple of centuries to put the pieces back together.

It's difficult to rebuild our own house while facing growing persecution from the secular pagan world.