Will the original CPS ever come back?

Are you new to forums? Come on in.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

I don't know. And at this point I doubt it.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by tuttle »

I'd be perfectly fine if it didn't come back as the main hangout. This place is great.

I do hope to one day be able to access the information there again. Lot's of interesting conversations and loads of great insight and resources. Not to mention how interesting it is to look back over one's own comments from years and years previous. Almost like a community journal in a way.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

At this point, I'm sure it's well and truly dead.

The wayback machine might be able to help you find old posts, but it will require some effort.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

tuttle wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 05:48 I'd be perfectly fine if it didn't come back as the main hangout. This place is great.

I do hope to one day be able to access the information there again. Lot's of interesting conversations and loads of great insight and resources. Not to mention how interesting it is to look back over one's own comments from years and years previous. Almost like a community journal in a way.
Indeed. You and I used to arm-wrestle theology like there was big money to be won.

I remember the moment in 2012 (after Obama won re-election on the platform of forced contraception and killing babies) when we realized that the secular powers were loading their guns to aim at all Christians.
==================================================
I will forever mourn the lost humor threads on old CPS.

What makes Dug's head hurt?
Classic Morley rants.
Famous sock puppets.
Sid.Stavros
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Sid.Stavros »

Good evening my fellow Christians !
From the day that CPS disappeared till yesterday i was looking for it in the old link, again and again and again...i haven't change the link for the CPS to my Blog because i thought that one day will come back. By Google search yesterday ''accidentally'' i have found this forum and i saw that it's ''On'' from Summer 2022 so i would like to express a complain:
Nobody send me a notification to my mail or nobody in one of the other pipe smoking forums which knows that i am a member didn't send me a pm that a new CPS was created. From the text-the pipe-the background etc i can recognize that a member of CPS is in another pipe smoking forum and some times with different name (i never mention that in public) and to be honest i was expecting from one of these old-CPS friends to inform me.
Anyway, it's nice that we have a Christian forum again ''On line'' and i will meet some good old friend from the previous forum.

Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

Welcome to the 'new' site Sid. There's a couple guys here who found it by 'accident' (searching google). I only promoted it on the FB group with the same name. I don't have the emails from the old site. On the up-side, now you know who your friends are.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Sid.Stavros
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Sid.Stavros »

Biff wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 10:01I only promoted it on the FB group with the same name.
I have changed the link to my Blog so if someone clicks it will bring him here in the new CPS and let's hope will Login.
Sorry don't have a FB (due to my work i don't like publicity, i don't show my face-my home outside-my car etc) and i also want to ask: why the forum has not a Cross somewhere on the headline?
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by MrPiper »

I am very happy to have this smaller community. It seems to be more civil here (so far and thanks to Biff)
Any opportunity to ever incorporate, include, or bring back the "tobacco hut" and other such educational forums would be great thought. Perhaps especially the "library" There was so much good information there. Even if just Rusty's comments in the tobacco forums could be found and posted that alone would be a boon to the lore and education about tobacco on the web.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Sid.Stavros wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 09:36 Good evening my fellow Christians !

From the day that CPS disappeared till yesterday i was looking for it in the old link, again and again and again...i haven't change the link for the CPS to my Blog because i thought that one day will come back. By Google search yesterday ''accidentally'' i have found this forum and i saw that it's ''On'' from Summer 2022 so i would like to express a complain:

Nobody send me a notification to my mail or nobody in one of the other pipe smoking forums which knows that i am a member didn't send me a pm that a new CPS was created. From the text-the pipe-the background etc i can recognize that a member of CPS is in another pipe smoking forum and some times with different name (i never mention that in public) and to be honest i was expecting from one of these old-CPS friends to inform me.
I am so sorry that no one had the insight to reach out to you. I am so happy to have you back home with us, Sid!

Some day, if health and wealth which the Lord provides, I want to visit Athens. The home of Thucydides, Socrates/Plato/Aristotle, and visited by St. Paul... these have been great friends to me. And my beloved Sid.

Some day.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

I kept all my contacts including you and a bunch of others in my "In Box" in the old site...when it went down all my contacts info went with it. I am guessing that is what happened with a bunch of us and why some had to find this place with a lucky search...we are glad you found your way back
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD