What Made You Happy Today

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

First day of school for the Draxettes. Watching them stumble around the house at 0600 gave me the giggles.
Weenies are us.
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by MrPiper »

I get it about the Draxetts. I really cherished those days and miss them greatly as TinyPiper is now 24, still on my payroll, and trying to get into school to be a Cardiovascular Doppler Echo Technologist. Still, she will soon be gone once and for all :(

Great day at church yesterday, 1 saved, 2 joined the local church, and the Sunday Bible Class that I teach had to use an overflow room because we ran out of seats! Praise Jesus!

Still making me happy today!
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

the weather
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Visiting Jerry, my B-I-L at the rehab hospital. He's been bedridden for eleven months after getting an artificial hip that became infected.
He's going to start learning to walk again.
Yeah, that made me happy! :D
Hugo Drax

Post by Hugo Drax »

Hovannes wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 16:40 Visiting Jerry, my B-I-L at the rehab hospital. He's been bedridden for eleven months after getting an artificial hip that became infected.
He's going to start learning to walk again.
Yeah, that made me happy! :D
Good stuff, sir!
Weenies are us.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

The thought that in spite of all the garbage going on in the world today, God is in control. He will execute His plan and it will be amazing and awesome. It makes me happy that I'm on the winning side of eternity.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Hugo Drax

Post by Hugo Drax »

Biff wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 19:21 The thought that in spite of all the garbage going on in the world today, God is in control. He will execute His plan and it will be amazing and awesome. It makes me happy that I'm on the winning side of eternity.
Yes, sir. We're just passing through.
Weenies are us.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Mrs. Del told me to go fishing.... in the freezer. I fished out a pack of thick ribeye steaks. [You see, we know this farmer at church and he raises a few beef cattle. We buy a quarter beef at a time. Way more expensive than our tasty pig friend, but almost affordable this way. Still cheaper than a boat and fishing gear. And I can tell the butchers how thick I want my steaks.]

A quick run to the grocery store fished up some fresh sweet corn, vidalia onions, russet potatoes. And sprigs of fresh rosemary.

Cored out the onions, a dollop of beef bouillon and a tablespoon of butter, then wrapped in foil and baked with the potatoes.

Normally I love grilling steaks with charcoal, but I decided to pan-sear these. Good choice.... salt the steaks a few hours before, sear hot as hell in cast iron skillet and a bit of bacon grease, then rest a bit.

Fill the skillet with precisely 5.35 tbs of butter (yeah, right) and 6 cloves of crushed garlic for a good simmer, then added a few sprigs of rosemary. I'm told it smelled really good.

Check the steak for inner temp... they were already at 115°F, so they didn't need much more for cooking. Drop a steak in the skillet and tilt the pan a bit, then spoon the seasoned butter over the top to warm and marinate both sides. Finish resting. Slice the steaks and top with a bit more of seasoned butter.

Mrs. Del boiled the sweet corn. Pipeson cleared all the smoking gear and cigar ash from the porch table.

Dinner with Mrs. Del & Pipeson.... What a wholesome family feast! There was even some conversation... But mostly just yummy sounds. Everyone got as much steak as he wanted. Everything's better with sweet corn on the cob.

And if you've never enjoyed a baked sweet onion....
https://thecookful.com/baked-vidalia-onion/
Hugo Drax

Post by Hugo Drax »

First bowl in a new Sara Eltang sandblasted apple with a pencil thin bamboo shank.
Weenies are us.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Hugo Drax wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:19 First bowl in a new Sara Eltang sandblasted apple with a pencil thin bamboo shank.
That even makes me happy.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix