Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Post by joegoat »

FredS wrote: 06 Sep 2022, 07:19 I hate flying in commercial aircraft. Competition among airlines has driven ticket prices down to where the "common man" can afford to fly. The problem is that the common man, by and large, received no parental training in how to behave in airports or airplanes and they sure as heck haven't figured it out on their own.

Ten hours is my cutoff. If I can drive to a place in 10 hours I'll do so.
For some reason, the very worst of society are the ones that need to get on an airplane. I kissed the passenger side of aviation goodby years ago. I hope never to go back. I've scrubbed puke out of carpet and off of seats enough.
Take it from me, passenger planes are cesspools and yet people insist on eating from tray tables, walking about barefoot, and entering the bathroom without a thought in the world as to how much fecal matter is smeared on every surface in there. They're greyhound busses that go up in the air.
I can't blame those who can afford it for having their own planes. I only wish they didn't point their excessively pedicured finger at me for running my gas lawn mower and fly their private jet to a celebrity event where they speak about the evils of cow farts.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

joegoat wrote: 06 Sep 2022, 13:44
FredS wrote: 06 Sep 2022, 07:19 I hate flying in commercial aircraft. Competition among airlines has driven ticket prices down to where the "common man" can afford to fly. The problem is that the common man, by and large, received no parental training in how to behave in airports or airplanes and they sure as heck haven't figured it out on their own.

For some reason, the very worst of society are the ones that need to get on an airplane. I kissed the passenger side of aviation goodby years ago. I hope never to go back. I've scrubbed puke out of carpet and off of seats enough.
Take it from me, passenger planes are cesspools and yet people insist on eating from tray tables, walking about barefoot, and entering the bathroom without a thought in the world as to how much fecal matter is smeared on every surface in there. They're greyhound busses that go up in the air.
I can't blame those who can afford it for having their own planes. I only wish they didn't point their excessively pedicured finger at me for running my gas lawn mower and fly their private jet to a celebrity event where they speak about the evils of cow farts.
I actually had someone tell me, at the height of covid, when no sane person would seal themselves in a tube with strangers for hours at a time, that airplanes were one of the cleanest spaces around because they're scrubbed clean between flights and the air is constantly filtered.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

FredS wrote: 06 Sep 2022, 14:10

I actually had someone tell me, at the height of covid, when no sane person would seal themselves in a tube with strangers for hours at a time, that airplanes were one of the cleanest spaces around because they're scrubbed clean between flights and the air is constantly filtered.
A guy at the site in Co Springs where I sometimes have a job told me just that. His company manufactures and supplies the air filters.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by DLJake »

DLJake wrote:
I recently received on my door step 40 pounds of coffee in various flavors and sizes of containers.

It's Keto Coffee. 40 pounds of Keto Coffee in 4 different flavors.

Killed the charge on the credit card.

Asked the shipper to send me a return shipping label so they would not be out of product and cash. Crickets.

How long do I need to wait until I just chuck it all into the trash?
Update: Today I received the books and materials for a Real Estate School that I had already killed off the payment for about 450.

Pretty sure my ID has been compromised. My bank put a halt to it.

Anyone willing to cover shipping on half a ton of BS coffee supplement with books on how to do shady real estate deals?

You must cover shipping.

PM if interested.

You MUST cover shipping.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

How much is shipping? Sans Glitter of course.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Post by joegoat »

FredS wrote: 06 Sep 2022, 14:10

They're right back to being cesspools.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Hugo Drax

Post by Hugo Drax »

The whole experience stinks these days. From the lowest rung of employable society barking orders and pawing their misshapen fingers through your personal items in the security line, to the horrendously low-quality food available in the airports, to the rudeness of the glorified waitresses of the sky once you board, the whole experience is abysmal. I find my fellow travellers to be easily the least annoying thing about air travel. I find that they're far more dignified as a whole than any of the rest of the airport/air travel experience.

Now that said, I fly without complaint because it's simply the fastest and most efficient way of getting where I need to go. Modern travel is completely without charm.

Harrumph. Get off my lawn. Kids these days.
Weenies are us.
DLJake

Post by DLJake »

DLJake wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 17:41 I recently received on my door step 40 pounds of coffee in various flavors and sizes of containers.

Asked the shipper to send me a return shipping label so they would not be out of product and cash. Crickets.

Following up on this item.
The ManBun Coffee Company place was not interested in sending me a return label. 40 pounds of keto flavored coffee lie in 2 boxes in my kitchen.

Yesterday, delivery of Real Estate educational booklets. Already knew it'd be too much of a bend up to try and return. Besides, it's paid for educational junk. I leave it wrapped and toss it into a paper recycle can and my conscience is clean.

Today, I was able to get a return label for:

Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

DLJake wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 15:53
DLJake wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 17:41 I recently received on my door step 40 pounds of coffee in various flavors and sizes of containers.

Following up on this item.
The ManBun Coffee Company place was not interested in sending me a return label. 40 pounds of keto flavored coffee lie in 2 boxes in my kitchen.

Yesterday, delivery of Real Estate educational booklets. Already knew it'd be too much of a bend up to try and return. Besides, it's paid for educational junk. I leave it wrapped and toss it into a paper recycle can and my conscience is clean.

Today, I was able to get a return label for:

So, whoever has your ID has ordered specialty coffee, real estate materials, and hemp based sleep aids. I'm trying to picture a trend here.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

I have my own personal stash of Lorna Doone cookies.