Tool Company Contacts?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Tool Company Contacts?

Post by jmg »

Long shot, I know, but any chance one of you guys has a personal contact with a major tool company? I think I mentioned a while back (maybe I didn't, idk) that I created an accessory for a common tool. I've done patent searches and not found anything that I believe would compete with it. I bought a 3D printer and have made fully-functioning prototypes, and I have secured a provisional patent for the tool accessory.

My goal is to pitch to a tool company with the hopes of signing a licensing deal. However, so far it's not going too good. I reached out to Stanley Black and Decker and they only review invention submissions that have a full utility patent. To secure that would cost me at least a year's time and at least 3-5 thousand bucks. Next I wrote Empire Levels, but only received this reply, "Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, as a policy, we do not review invention submissions to protect both you and us. Our product development and design teams spend a lot of time working with users on job sites to develop solutions to meet their needs..."

I reached out to one other smaller company, C.H. Hanson, but am waiting to hear back.

Like I said, I know this is a long shot, but you never know.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Tool Company Contacts?

Post by MrPiper »

Patent first
License later
or lose your idea
Find an investor you trust who will fund / join you for a %