Job...

Where two or more are gathered in His name....
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Job...

Post by Hugo Drax »

That you be kept in the palm of His hand.
Weenies are us.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Job...

Post by Bloodhound »

...Amen
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Job...

Post by MrPiper »

Praying peace and prosperity as you move forward.
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Job...

Post by MrPiper »

Praying your new role is off to a good start. Always awkward for sure in a new place, new role, learning the culture of the organization and finding your place. May God direct your steps and grant you great wisdom, and favor.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Job...

Post by jmg »

MrPiper wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 15:01 Praying your new role is off to a good start. Always awkward for sure in a new place, new role, learning the culture of the organization and finding your place. May God direct your steps and grant you great wisdom, and favor.
Thank you, bud...and everyone else. I'm still fulfilling my 2-weeks notice at my old job. I'll start the new one Oct. 10th.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Job...

Post by joegoat »

More prayers for October 10th.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Job...

Post by jmg »

Had my first day at the new job today. I'll be honest...I don't think I'm going to like this job a whole lot. However, the money is much better and it feels good to provide better for my family and I know it is a relief for my wife.

One great thing that came of it today though is that, though I was a little discouraged when I got in my truck to go home, God brought it to my mind that I was going home to a loving wife and three daughters that still act happy to see me when I get there. So, my prayer is that instead of taking work stress home with me, I would be excited to go home to my girls instead.

joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Job...

Post by joegoat »

jmg wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 20:07 Had my first day at the new job today. I'll be honest...I don't think I'm going to like this job a whole lot. However, the money is much better and it feels good to provide better for my family and I know it is a relief for my wife.

One great thing that came of it today though is that, though I was a little discouraged when I got in my truck to go home, God brought it to my mind that I was going home to a loving wife and three daughters that still act happy to see me when I get there. So, my prayer is that instead of taking work stress home with me, I would be excited to go home to my girls instead.
It was only day one. I'm sure it's a big change for you, but give it time before you set your mind to hating it. Day one of a new job is always a false image of the regular day to day. The job might not be totally awesome, but it sounds like your off time is going to be better.
I can't say I know you well, but from what I've seen of you, your joy comes from your faith, family, and the work of your hands.
Do your best to leave work at work. Work only needs to pay the bills. Don't let it muck up the joy you find outside of it.
Praying for you.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Job...

Post by jmg »

joegoat wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 20:39
jmg wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 20:07 Had my first day at the new job today. I'll be honest...I don't think I'm going to like this job a whole lot. However, the money is much better and it feels good to provide better for my family and I know it is a relief for my wife.

It was only day one. I'm sure it's a big change for you, but give it time before you set your mind to hating it. Day one of a new job is always a false image of the regular day to day. The job might not be totally awesome, but it sounds like your off time is going to be better.
I can't say I know you well, but from what I've seen of you, your joy comes from your faith, family, and the work of your hands.
Do your best to leave work at work. Work only needs to pay the bills. Don't let it muck up the joy you find outside of it.
Praying for you.
Yes, and thank you.