Elon and free speech

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Elon and free speech

Post by FredS »

So - - - who thinks twitter is a good source for information on how to live your life? Who to vote for? What's meds to take. Where to live? Who to work for? Who to love? Who to hate? What wars to fight?

I don't twitter, and I don't understand who would give other peoples tweets so much weight that tweets with "misinformation" are a problem? I suppose if I were inclined, I might look at the tweets of those I respect to see if a new movie is worth watching or not. Or maybe about the Japanese Fusion restaurant downtown. But really that's it. Who bases life-altering decisions on twitter? It'd be like changing churches based on posts from Del or Tuttle. I've met both those guys a few times in real life so they're not just internet strangers, but I still don't trust their advice on important things.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Jocose »

Edit
Last edited by Jocose on 30 Apr 2022, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Elon and free speech

Post by Biff »

I'm an unapologetic Twitter hater. I have (had) an account but ditched it a few years ago. Same as FB. I had it for a YT video project I was working on but I saw the direction they were headed and ditched `em. YT as well. Fun while it lasted but now I'm Rumble / Bitchute / etc.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Elon and free speech

Post by FredS »

Jocose wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 11:56
FredS wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 10:54 So - - - who thinks twitter is a good source for information on how to live your life? Who to vote for? What's meds to take. Where to live? Who to work for? Who to love? Who to hate? What wars to fight?

I don't twitter, and I don't understand who would give other peoples tweets so much weight that tweets with "misinformation" are a problem? I suppose if I were inclined, I might look at the tweets of those I respect to see if a new movie is worth watching or not. Or maybe about the Japanese Fusion restaurant downtown. But really that's it. Who bases life-altering decisions on twitter? It'd be like changing churches based on posts from Del or Tuttle. I've met both those guys a few times in real life so they're not just internet strangers, but I still don't trust their advice on important things.
A better question is how come when Elon Musk buys twitter to bring back free speech on the tech giant, a day later they create a Disinformation Governance Board that will be governing the speech of Americans, Why?
Based on the stuff you posted, it isn't clear to me who's speech will be governed. Will there be spies on twitter or in the park to whack me if I say 'let's go brandon' or 'I like horse pills'?
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Elon and free speech

Post by Thunktank »

JimVH wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 19:49 I’m hoping Elon will buy Nashville next and fix Country music.
😂

Now that’s funny right there!
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Jocose »

Edit
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Del
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Del »

Babylon Bee:

Elon Musk Backs Out Of Twitter Deal After Realizing He Can Read The Babylon Bee By Going Directly To Their Website
"Whew! I almost wasted a bundle!" said Musk to reporters. "I almost plopped down $44 billion just to bring the Babylon Bee back to Twitter, and it turns out they had their own website this whole time? Awesome!"

At publishing time, The Babylon Bee announced their website is now for sale for a mere $4 billion.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Elon and free speech

Post by tuttle »

Looks like Musk will finally purchase Twitter.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Elon and free speech

Post by JimVH »

tuttle wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 05:46 Looks like Musk will finally purchase Twitter.
I need to tweet an update both of my followers.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Del
Usher
Usher

Elon and free speech

Post by Del »

tuttle wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 05:46 Looks like Musk will finally purchase Twitter.
Something tells me that this will be fun to watch.