Spiritual Attack

Where two or more are gathered in His name....
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Spiritual Attack

Post by FredS »

Prayed
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Spiritual Attack

Post by jmg »

joegoat wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 13:28Praying
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Spiritual Attack

Post by coco »

Praying
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Spiritual Attack

Post by MrPiper »

Hugo Drax wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 13:09 Thanks.

No matter how sincerely I say "fiat" part of my flesh says "non serviam." I love the sower but fear I'm very rocky ground.
I'm actually very impressed that only PART of your flesh says "non serviam". Mine is in a consistent state near 100%. As such, every day begins with astonished gratitude and praise that He died for me anyway. TRULY the spirit is willing but the flesh is week. But I find that weak flesh to be quite viril and dominant in opposing my willing spirit!

Praying on.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Spiritual Attack

Post by coco »

MrPiper wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 18:24
Hugo Drax wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 13:09 Thanks.

No matter how sincerely I say "fiat" part of my flesh says "non serviam." I love the sower but fear I'm very rocky ground.
I'm actually very impressed that only PART of your flesh says "non serviam". Mine is in a consistent state near 100%. As such, every day begins with astonished gratitude and praise that He died for me anyway. TRULY the spirit is willing but the flesh is week. But I find that weak flesh to be quite viril and dominant in opposing my willing spirit!

Praying on.
"For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. [15] For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. [16] Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. [17] So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. [18] For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. [19] For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. [20] Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. [22] For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, [23] but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. [24] Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? [25] Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin." (Romans 7:14–25)
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Spiritual Attack

Post by tuttle »

Woke up this morning around 3 am and for whatever reason, this request popped into my head. I took it as a sign and prayed for you again.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Spiritual Attack

Post by gaining_age »

Praying...

snapped at my wife last night... I wrestled with why would I burst out... the tensions were not that high. It dissipated quickly and I wrestled with how I got there.

I feel what you're saying... praying.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Spiritual Attack

Post by Bloodhound »

Praying now
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Spiritual Attack

Post by FredS »

Hope things are better today. Praying again.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Spiritual Attack

Post by Hugo Drax »

gaining_age wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 07:35 Praying...

snapped at my wife last night... I wrestled with why would I burst out... the tensions were not that high. It dissipated quickly and I wrestled with how I got there.

I feel what you're saying... praying.
My goodness. You, too? Where the devil dings me is in my pride. Pride leads me to believe I'm better than all the angry people I see out in public...then I feel justified in getting angrier than they are...and then comes the brilliant stroke: I feel guilty for falling.

So I should have started this whole thing out with a confession. I have three daughters aged 13, 11, and 9. They're wonderful kids. But the other night they were ragging on each other brutally and I kept trying to get them to knock it off. Finally the 11 year old breezes into their bathroom while the 9 year old was on the can. 9 year old loses it, 11 year old loses it, and the 13 year old seizes the opportunity for a Festivus airing of grievances on her sisters.

So, sick of all of this bs in a good family, what do I do? Well, I go full ape. Balled fists, quarterdeck voice and barroom language. I see a big old water bottle by the door and decide to kick it sky high, forgetting that the follow through involves a plaster wall. Water everywhere. Three little girls staring open-mouthed at their father, one of them from the dignity of the porcelain throne. Oh, and I broke my big toe. A lasting reminder of the wages of being a douchebag.

Then the guilt. Then the self-recrimination. Am I a Christian? How could I claim to be? These aren't exactly moneychangers in the temple, it's three kids in the shitbox. Downward spiral.

And what does the little voice tell me when I'm asking all these questions this morning in prayer? "Paul, I knew you'd do this when I died for you." Immediately, the cloud lifted. Forgiven doesn't mean I won't fall. It just hurts to fall.

Thanks for praying for me. I pray for you all.

Pride is a bastige.
Weenies are us.