An OFG's camping saw

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc), to product reviews of items that may have slipped inder our radar (ie Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything 'new' unless it hearkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

An OFG's camping saw

Post by Hovannes »

sweetandsour wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 16:45 I also have a true temper bow saw, which was once was painted red. I guess you can still tell that it was red, somewhat.
Give her a spritz of red Rustoleum. She deserves it.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

An OFG's camping saw

Post by FredS »

I have a blue bow saw. I slit an appropriate length of heavy wall hose that fits over the blade so it doesn't nick everything in sight. It is, of course, too big for hiking, but my camping is done within 100' of the truck these days so it works.

I have a folding saw around here someplace. I always carried it when deer hunting to clear shooting lanes. I also have one of those saws on a stick that extends to be 15ish feet long that I used when I had time to get in the woods well before the season began to make a more or less 'permanent' stand in prime areas.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Jocose
Usher
Usher

An OFG's camping saw

Post by Jocose »

The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.