Careful when ordering

Pipe & Hardware discussions
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Careful when ordering

Post by GaryInVA »

Last month I ordered 3 pipes, 2 for a coworker and one for me from a known online shop. Waited and they never showed up. Emailed the seller and he showed me that the Post Office showed them being delivered. He said he couldn't put in a claim for several weeks.

Wanting them as a gift I ordered a second set praying the first order would be refunded in the end. Waited, and the Post Office said they couldn't be delivered because the address didn't exist. Contacted seller and he said he would wait until they were returned. I ended up getting the second order a couple days later.

Back to the first lost order. Multiple emails sent. Seller said USPS insurance would only cover $50. He offered to send me a 50% refund. I put in a PayPal dispute today.

So when you order pipes, make sure the seller insures them for the value paid. I would have paid a couple extra dollars to insure for more.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Careful when ordering

Post by Bloodhound »

Very frustrating! I have had problems like that. I now have some things delivered to my office, I am thinking about getting a PO box...

Good luckm hope you get it worked out
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Careful when ordering

Post by MrPiper »

You are very kind not to mention the name of the retailer. If the product is returned to them and they are unwilling to issue you a full refund they are cheating a valuable customer! I would NEVER do business with them again, and would share the story with anyone online who would listen. (FWIW)
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Careful when ordering

Post by JimVH »

<unchristian utterances>

Had a similar issue with LA Police Gear a while back. I finally got the purchase price back but they kept the shipping. I’m letting AmEx duke it out for me for the rest.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Careful when ordering

Post by GaryInVA »

After the retailer got the PayPal notice I got several phone calls from him. I didn't answer them because in my last email I told him that he had a "contract" with the Post Office to do the delivery. They failed on his contract with them. I had no part in that contract so I in no way would split the refund. There was nothing else to discuss in my view.

I got notice this evening that he refunded my charge minus the shipping. Won't be ordering from his site again which is sad because I like the pipe I got.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Careful when ordering

Post by Jocose »

Sorry to hear about this. I guess I have been pretty lucky over the years (have mostly used Smokingpipes. Com)
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.