Election Thread II: Kamala vs. Trump

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

I just listened to RFK Jr.'s speech, suspending his campaign and explaining his endorsement for President Trump.

I have plenty of admiration for RFK. Smart guy, with well-informed reasons for his own positions, and plenty of spine. Not that I agree with everything he believes, but I can admire a political leader who speaks honestly, instead of just pandering for votes.

He justified his endorsement for Trump thus: Instead of allowing his campaign speak and letting voters decide, the DNC threw millions against him in legal challenges, attempting to keep him off the ballots by law fare. And they used their media to throttle his ability to speak with voters.... He got no press. (I'm sure that he never expected to win. He just wanted to get his issues elevated in the public discussion.)

RFK's main issues of concern were: Censorship in corporate/social media; gaslighting with regard to NATO, Ukraine & Putin; foreign policy that results in endless wars, Big Pharma, vaccines, and epidemic childhood diseases, protection and expansion of Free Speech.

RFK reached out to campaigns of Trump and Kamala. Kamala refused to take his call.

Trump invited RFK to meetings with his family and other key advisors. They had several meetings. They found a great deal of common ground. RFK shared his surprise at Trump's openness, but both guys are grounded in reality and want to see genuine improvement over the status quo. They talked about the Lincoln Cabinet, in which several conflicting internal opinions were debated openly and shared with the public. Trump doesn't fear opposing opinions within his team -- as long as his senior minions aren't undermining him behind his back. RFK just wants the opportunity to speak his own mind and share it publicly; he's willing to be respectful in doing so.

The result is that RFK might get a powerful position in any future Trump Administration. Democrats would never trust an independent voice in their Machine... RFK got thrown into the bin with Tulsi Gabbord.
Hovannes
Usher
Usher

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 23 Aug 2024, 13:47 I just listened to RFK Jr.'s speech, suspending his campaign and explaining his endorsement for President Trump.

I have plenty of admiration for RFK. Smart guy, with well-informed reasons for his own positions, and plenty of spine. Not that I agree with everything he believes, but I can admire a political leader who speaks honestly, instead of just pandering for votes.

He justified his endorsement for Trump thus: Instead of allowing his campaign speak and letting voters decide, the DNC threw millions against him in legal challenges, attempting to keep him off the ballots by law fare. And they used their media to throttle his ability to speak with voters.... He got no press. (I'm sure that he never expected to win. He just wanted to get his issues elevated in the public discussion.)

RFK's main issues of concern were: Censorship in corporate/social media; gaslighting with regard to NATO, Ukraine & Putin; foreign policy that results in endless wars, Big Pharma, vaccines, and epidemic childhood diseases, protection and expansion of Free Speech.

RFK reached out to campaigns of Trump and Kamala. Kamala refused to take his call.

Trump invited RFK to meetings with his family and other key advisors. They had several meetings. They found a great deal of common ground. RFK shared his surprise at Trump's openness, but both guys are grounded in reality and want to see genuine improvement over the status quo. They talked about the Lincoln Cabinet, in which several conflicting internal opinions were debated openly and shared with the public. Trump doesn't fear opposing opinions within his team -- as long as his senior minions aren't undermining him behind his back. RFK just wants the opportunity to speak his own mind and share it publicly; he's willing to be respectful in doing so.

The result is that RFK might get a powerful position in any future Trump Administration. Democrats would never trust an independent voice in their Machine... RFK got thrown into the bin with Tulsi Gabbord.
That' good news for the GOP.
RFK's Democrat base will either follow or likely stay home.
In close states, that should benefit Trump.
Should anyway. One never knows.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I've been following RFK Jr the last year or so - always via podcasts and not-mainstream media sources - and have great admiration for him. He's smart and articulate and talks about what's going wrong and what he'd do to help fix it. Every time I've heard him speak he follows the same recipe:
- Here's what's wrong
- Here's why it's going wrong
- Here's what I suggest to fix it

That's admirable from a presidential candidate. I suppose his courage to speak candidly may come from knowing he'd never really have the chance to tackle his pet causes, but he seems genuine to me.

I just listened to his drop-out speech and he made an interesting suggestion for blue staters like me. I wrote way back that I wouldn't never vote for Trump to be our leader. RFK Jr will be on the ballot in my state and my vote has been in his pocket for months. He suggested that his fans in blue states could confidently vote for him knowing that they wouldn't hurt Trump because Trump has no chance to win a state like Colorado anyway. He plans to work to remove his name from the ballot in those states where a vote for him would benefit Harris. Our country will be better if Trump wins and appoints JFK Jr to an important role in his administration and winning some of the popular vote may convince Trump to let the guy in, even though they disagree on some issues.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hovannes
Usher
Usher

Post by Hovannes »

FredS wrote: 23 Aug 2024, 16:33 I've been following RFK Jr the last year or so - always via podcasts and not-mainstream media sources - and have great admiration for him. He's smart and articulate and talks about what's going wrong and what he'd do to help fix it. Every time I've heard him speak he follows the same recipe:
- Here's what's wrong
- Here's why it's going wrong
- Here's what I suggest to fix it

That's admirable from a presidential candidate. I suppose his courage to speak candidly may come from knowing he'd never really have the chance to tackle his pet causes, but he seems genuine to me.

I just listened to his drop-out speech and he made an interesting suggestion for blue staters like me. I wrote way back that I wouldn't never vote for Trump to be our leader. RFK Jr will be on the ballot in my state and my vote has been in his pocket for months. He suggested that his fans in blue states could confidently vote for him knowing that they wouldn't hurt Trump because Trump has no chance to win a state like Colorado anyway. He plans to work to remove his name from the ballot in those states where a vote for him would benefit Harris. Our country will be better if Trump wins and appoints JFK Jr to an important role in his administration and winning some of the popular vote may convince Trump to let the guy in, even though they disagree on some issues.
Maybe he'd take a position as Secretary of the National Fish and Wildlife Service? Or as Chief of the CDC?
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

Babylon Bee:

Kamala Explains 93% Of Staff Quit Because They Couldn’t Handle The Joy

As of publishing time, Kamala's staff turnover rate had risen to 97% because of a recent increase in joy.
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

RFK's endorsement of President Trump could be a major game-changer in this election. It is certainly historic, to say the least.

So naturally, the news media are pretty much silent about it. "Nothing to see here."
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I think I heard Bobby K say he'd been interviewed exactly twice during his campaign by the mainstream media. Seems like it should have been a pretty big story - a Kennedy leaving the Democratic party and being ostracized by his family - but nope. I know the Kennedys have been supplanted by the Clintons, Bushs, and Obamas as powerful families, but still this should have been big.

If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

I found the original August 16 press release from Kamala's campaign, announcing tax cuts to families, generous hand-outs, and price controls on food and drugs.

https://mailchi.mp/press.kamalaharris.c ... n-families

It is also filled of talking points condemning Trump and still insisting that he is connected with Project 2025. (I'm kinda sick of Dems claiming that Project 2025 is a nasty bogeyman. They never say why, of course. They told us to be afraid of air during covid. Now they want us to fear a phone book.)

This is the press release that resulted in plenty of backlash against her proposed price control policies. Elected Democrats are walking this back hard, because even their own press blasted this proposal.

The final summary paragraph has some magic, as she claims these policies will result in lower deficits. She going to "tax the rich" and corporations to pay for all this. She doesn't imagine how this will kill job growth, lower wages, increase prices, and end up hurting everyone again.
Vice President Harris and Governor Walz will work with businesses, entrepreneurs, workers, and all stakeholders to drive an economy that creates opportunity and ensures stability and security for everyone. They believe competition is the lifeblood of our economy, and they will build the confidence and certainty that helps businesses innovate and grow. They will also fulfill their commitment to fiscal responsibility, including by asking the wealthiest Americans and largest corporations to pay their fair share—steps that will allow us to make necessary investments in the middle class, while also reducing the deficit and strengthening our fiscal health. Trump added a record amount to the national debt during his term, and now he and Vance are running to exact political retribution, attack the rule of law, undermine the independence of the Federal Reserve and other regulators, uproot these investments, disrupt global markets, and leave American communities behind.
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

FredS wrote: 26 Aug 2024, 11:06 ... but still this should have been big.
That was Orwell's point.... the real news gets suppressed, and the gaslighting is amplified.

This is the 3rd annual Memorial of the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan. That's a BIG Story too. Tell me if it gets mentions by Kamala's media.

Trump visited Arlington National Cemetery, to pay respect to the 13 Soldiers killed at Abbey Gate.

Then he flew to Detroit to address the National Guard Association conference, where he spoke of the 47 additional soldiers who were injured and maimed by the ISIS suicide bomber. Unbelievable that I have never heard about them, but I am not surprised.
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Post by Del »

Tulsi Gabbord just announced that she is also endorsing Donald Trump:
BREAKING: Former Democrat Rep. @TulsiGabbard just endorsed President Trump, citing the fact that he will keep America out of endless wars:

"I am committed to doing all that I can to send President Trump back to the White House."
Video on X:

https://x.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1828134826739957798
======================================================

This happened today, as she appeared with Trump before the National Guard Association convention in Detroit.

Her reason: Trump will lead the world back from the brink of nuclear WWIII.