Project 2025

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Project 2025

Post by Del »

Democrats and their media have decided to make "Project 2025" into their newest campaign issue. They claim this is Trump's policy agenda. They claim it is dangerous. They claim that it will be the end of our democracy.

All lies, of course. Trump has his policy. Republicans have their platform. Trump admits that he has not seen Project 2025 and he doesn't know what's in it.

Daily Wire's audio news podcast Morning Wire sat down with Heritage Foundation's president Kevin Roberts to explain Project 2025. I want to share a summary.

So what is Project 2025?

Project 2025 is a phone book.

Heritage Foundation is a conservative think tank. They worked with 110 other conservative groups and special interests. They compiled a summary of policies and positions reflecting various strains of conservative thought.

And they collected over 14,000 resumes of qualified experts and leaders to serve as a resource, in case personnel are ever needed to implement any of these policies.

So if Trump Admin needs someone, let's say, to orderly manage the opening of federal lands in Alaska for oil drilling, here are some people to contact.

Here's the funny part: Democrats have had this sort of list for years. (How do you think Biden found Rachel Levine?) This is why Democrats have been so effective at turning policy statements into quick action. They can blitzkrieg us.

Republicans haven't had such a ready resource for policy and personnel, before now. This is what really scares Democrats.... Republicans are copying their playbook!
=============================

One of the major conservative policy concerns of Heritage Foundation (and all Conservatives) is cutting down on the size, cost, and scope of federal bureaucracies.

Suppose a Republican President (or Congressional mandate) seeks to reduce the massive size and scope of HHS.... Whom should Trump call to replace Admiral Levine? Heritage Foundation has some good suggestions.

Whom can that guy hire for lower management positions, to manage the firing of excess personnel and sustain the functions that are actually vital to American thriving? Heritage Foundation has a good stack of resumes.

So that is Project 2025 -- A menu of conservative policies, and a resource for expertise and staffing.
=============================

Republicans did not mention Project 2025 at their convention. It is not a policy playbook that is guiding (or following) the Trump campaign (or the Republican Party). But if a Republican congressman gets a new committee chairmanship after the election and needs a new staffer with expertise, he has a place to start.

Democrats are going to hype up Project 2025 at their convention. Scary, scary!

Democrat media picked some policy suggestions from Project 2025, and rush to insist that these are Trump's own policies for immediate implementation. And with a flair of scare, of course. "Oh, no! Look at these pro-life policies! Some of these are extreme! That's what Trump wants to do! Women will die! It will be the end of our democracy!"
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Project 2025

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
Del wrote: 20 Jul 2024, 10:43 […]

So that is Project 2025 -- A menu of conservative policies, and a resource for expertise and staffing.

[…]
Considering that Trump just disavowed Project 2025, you might wanna rethink that.
Like some on the right, severe right, came up with this Project 25, and I don't even know, I mean some of them I know who they are, but they're very, very conservative. Just like you have … they're sort of the opposite of the radical left, OK; you have the radical left, and you have the radical right, and they come up with this, I don't know what the hell it is, "It's Project 25! He's involved in Project …" and then they read some of the things, and they are extreme, I mean they're seriously extreme. But I don't know anything about it. I don't want to know anything about it.
It must be a helluva political albatross.

🐦

Del
Deacon
Deacon

Project 2025

Post by Del »

Wosbald wrote: 21 Jul 2024, 12:17 +JMJ+
Del wrote: 20 Jul 2024, 10:43 […]

[…]
Considering that Trump just disavowed Project 2025, you might wanna rethink that.
Like some on the right, severe right, came up with this Project 25, and I don't even know, I mean some of them I know who they are, but they're very, very conservative. Just like you have … they're sort of the opposite of the radical left, OK; you have the radical left, and you have the radical right, and they come up with this, I don't know what the hell it is, "It's Project 25! He's involved in Project …" and then they read some of the things, and they are extreme, I mean they're seriously extreme. But I don't know anything about it. I don't want to know anything about it.
It must be a helluva political albatross.

🐦
He's just taking wind out of the sails of Democrat propaganda.

Since you can't see it:
1) Trump admits that he wasn't part of Project 2025, and Heritage Foundation is not part of Trump Campaign or the RNC.
2) Trump reminds us that whatever the Democrat media are saying sounds "extreme, seriously extreme."

3) Everyone knows now that Dem media are liars. We can expect the truth about Project 2025 will debunk all their claims. It's the Russia Collusion Hoax, all over again.

Looks like another masterclass in political rhetoric. Trump casually sidesteps the immediate threat, and sets up the media for another embarrassing failure.

We'll see how this plays out. I don't think it will matter much. The people who are struggling with accumulating inflation, carjackings and open borders aren't going to care about some policy book called Project 2025.