"Misinformation"

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jocose
Usher
Usher

"Misinformation"

Post by Jocose »

This attack on free speech is becoming rather frightening .

A new California bill threatens to strip Doctors of their medical licenses for spreading "Misinformation" Where else are we seeing this level of State control?
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Del
Usher
Usher

"Misinformation"

Post by Del »

There are similar proposals threatening to fire or unlicensed medical professionals and teachers who refuse to affirm gender-change therapies. Even taking kids out of parents' homes and put under state "care."

And some Blue states propose to force doctors to perform elective abortions and prescribe abortion drugs.

That's just healthcare. Here's another California example:
California Lawmakers Propose 4-Day Workweek

Basically demanding that small employers pay overtime above 32 hours/week. Are they unable to see any of the bad consequences? Employee hours cut, businesses close, or move out of state.

As it grows ever more obvious that voters don't want this sort of government control over our lives, why do Democrats keep doubling down?

I wish someone could explain this to me. Democrats in California may feel invulnerable, but this crazy isn't going to help Democrats in elections around the nation. We don't want to go in this direction.
Del
Usher
Usher

"Misinformation"

Post by Del »

On the general topic of misinformation:

CNN+ -- Has anybody seen it? I'm thinking about subscribing.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

"Misinformation"

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 13:24 There are similar proposals threatening to fire or unlicensed medical professionals and teachers who refuse to affirm gender-change therapies. Even taking kids out of parents' homes and put under state "care."

And some Blue states propose to force doctors to perform elective abortions and prescribe abortion drugs.

Basically demanding that small employers pay overtime above 32 hours/week. Are they unable to see any of the bad consequences? Employee hours cut, businesses close, or move out of state.

As it grows ever more obvious that voters don't want this sort of government control over our lives, why do Democrats keep doubling down?

I wish someone could explain this to me. Democrats in California may feel invulnerable, but this crazy isn't going to help Democrats in elections around the nation. We don't want to go in this direction.
The people of this nation are becoming more and more dumb. They see a 32 hr work week and a chicken in every pot or free cell phone and that's what they'll vote for.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

"Misinformation"

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 18:47
Del wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 13:24 There are similar proposals threatening to fire or unlicensed medical professionals and teachers who refuse to affirm gender-change therapies. Even taking kids out of parents' homes and put under state "care."

The people of this nation are becoming more and more dumb. They see a 32 hr work week and a chicken in every pot or free cell phone and that's what they'll vote for.
I don't know if the California elites are simply pandering, or if they are really so clueless that they think this is a good idea. California is racing to the bottom of progressive failure.

For good news, Tennessee is partnering with Hillsdale College to establish 50 classical-ed charter schools in urban neighborhoods and "disadvantaged zip codes." This has a multiplying effect, as the local public schools strive to improve themselves in comparison with the charter schools.

It won't be long before the hillbillies of California aspire to match the achievements of forward-thinking young leaders coming out of Appalachia.
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent

"Misinformation"

Post by DLJake »

I'm a walking misinformation. Like that Mayhem guy from the commercials.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

"Misinformation"

Post by JimVH »

Actual photo of Miss Information

“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
DLJake

"Misinformation"

Post by DLJake »

JimVH wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 17:38 Actual photo of Miss Information

And you're with HR? Is that right?
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

"Misinformation"

Post by JimVH »

DLJake wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 18:02
JimVH wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 17:38 Actual photo of Miss Information

And you're with HR? Is that right?
HR people are really the twisted ones.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

"Misinformation"

Post by FredS »

It's getting scary. I used to think California, Canada, and the Scandinavian countries were wacky and their progressive wackiness would stop at their borders because the rest of us wouldn't stand for it. Now I'm not so sure. In the US, we've spent the last 30 years penduluming (apparently I just invented that word) back and forth with our federal elections trying to find a sensible middle, but the middle shifts a little left each cycle because conservative can't/won't undo all the stuff progressives put in place. If the R's can find anyone besides The Don to run I expect a big win for them in the next election.

As for 'misinformation', I think Elon is fighting a righteous fight as far as online speech, but even he has said someone needs to police it. He said if something is questionable or doubtful, they should err on the side of allowing it. That implies that someone will need to judge the info before it's allowed to be posted rather than just letting it all out there and letting the folks decide. Conservative knuckledraggers really pissed in their post toasties when they signed up en masse for the anti-vax-mandate and anti-mask-mandates during the pandemic. They gobbled that sh*7 up and spit out all over the social media platforms which gave liberals the green light to censor that information because too many people can't/won't make sound decisions for themselves. They'll have to decide for us because 'we' can't figure it ourselves.

We always joke that it's "for the children". The Dem's now say it's "for the CHILDREN and their parents and their healthcare providers and their pastors and their teachers and anyone else who's not making the "right" choices on their behalf".

[EDIT I] I'm really picking up on what Russell Brand is laying down these days. He and Bill Maher are sane liberal voices in the sea of madness. Whoda thunk it?

[EDIT II] It's all part of the cancel culture where one group wants to shut down any/all people who say/do things they don't like. Have you seen the ads for liberal talking head Piers Morgan's new show on Fox. He says (speaking to the left one would assume) "You can't cancel me." Fox did the same thing with Juan Williams when he was fired from NPR for not toeing the strict liberal line.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson