Stock Trading

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Stock Trading

Post by sweetandsour »

Del and I have discussed this in a somewhat unrelated thread, so I wanted to open up its own thread for anyone to join in. So, any active day traders and/or investors here? Are you buying right now in this dip, and if so, what? I know guys that bought some VOO yesterday. Others are into mining stocks, and Uranium, eg, UEC. I held on to NVDA and it bounced back some, late in the day yesterday.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Stock Trading

Post by Del »

I have a smallish trading account where I am learning to trade options for cash flow, rather than investment. Almost entirely credit spreads and iron condors at this time. I only go out one week at a time.

My retirement funds are strictly buy-&-hold.

Does anyone else watch the markets daily? What's your style of saving and trading?
Del
Usher
Usher

Stock Trading

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 06:32 Del and I have discussed this in a somewhat unrelated thread, so I wanted to open up its own thread for anyone to join in. So, any active day traders and/or investors here? Are you buying right now in this dip, and if so, what? I know guys that bought some VOO yesterday. Others are into mining stocks, and Uranium, eg, UEC. I held on to NVDA and it bounced back some, late in the day yesterday.
April 26, 2022: The S&P500 just gave back an entire year of gains. We are back to level first seen in mid April, 2021.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Stock Trading

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 15:30
sweetandsour wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 06:32 Del and I have discussed this in a somewhat unrelated thread, so I wanted to open up its own thread for anyone to join in. So, any active day traders and/or investors here? Are you buying right now in this dip, and if so, what? I know guys that bought some VOO yesterday. Others are into mining stocks, and Uranium, eg, UEC. I held on to NVDA and it bounced back some, late in the day yesterday.
April 26, 2022: The S&P500 just gave back an entire year of gains. We are back to level first seen in mid April, 2021.
It's been a blood bath. It was down Abt 10% last week. Today I haven't looked. Hold what you have, and look for deals.
Del
Usher
Usher

Stock Trading

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 15:35
It's been a blood bath. It was down Abt 10% last week. Today I haven't looked. Hold what you have, and look for deals.
What's a good sector for an SP500 stock? Banking, perhaps?

Maybe I'll just buy some SPY minis to sell calls on.

Is NVDA in Taiwan? I'm a bit afraid of China.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Stock Trading

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 15:40

What's a good sector for an SP500 stock? Banking, perhaps?

Is NVDA in Taiwan? I'm a bit afraid of China.
There's lots to read about NVDA, good and bad. It was bouncing up and down last month and I was up by 10% in my trading acct. It dropped again before Good Friday and I broke the rules and bought before the long weekend. NVDA is Taiwanese, but located in Si Valley. Motley, Yahoo, Barron's, all liked it. All of the chip stocks are pulling back now.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Stock Trading

Post by Jocose »

Edit
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Stock Trading

Post by sweetandsour »

Have you been buying?
Del
Usher
Usher

Stock Trading

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 02 May 2022, 19:37

Have you been buying?
this is a good time to consider it. I don't know if I have the buying power.

I spent tonight looking at selling credit spreads to expire next week. I put on a trade on for tomorrow's market opening.

The premium is really good. There's a delightful amount of paranoia related to the employment data and new Fed Reserve rates coming out Tues and Wed.
Del
Usher
Usher

Stock Trading

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 02 May 2022, 19:37 Have you been buying?
It looks like SPLG is in my price range. And plenty of open interest on the call options, but not much premium. It might just be better to hold and trade the ETF.

I'll study it a bit more tomorrow. As the trend is still down, I don't feel any urge to buy just yet.
=========================================================

My trading fund is not a lot of money. About $25k total. I only put $5000 at risk in any one trade. I'm no wizard at this, and so far this year I'm just breaking even.

You bought VOO a few posts ago. That's about $40,000 trade for just one lot, right?