The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc), to product reviews of items that may have slipped inder our radar (ie Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything 'new' unless it hearkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Bloodhound »

Hi...My name is Bloodhound. I have not purchased a pocket knife in 33 days. I have not purchased a fixed blade knife in 47 days. (OK I did purchase a folding single blade Buck, but that is a Christmas gift for my nephew)...
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by FredS »

Bloodhound wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 10:43 Hi...My name is Bloodhound. I have not purchased a pocket knife in 33 days. I have not purchased a fixed blade knife in 47 days. (OK I did purchase a folding single blade Buck, but that is a Christmas gift for my nephew)...
"I swear it's not mine, I'm just holding it for a friend." Sounds like an addicts excuse to me.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by JimVH »

Hi, my name is Jim. I more than made-up for Bloodhound’s vulgar display of self control.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by FredS »

A couple new ones over the last few weeks. I'm really diggin' this sodbuster/work knife shape. The Marbles is white bone and the Imperial is plastic. Looking at Cases in yellow and a few Rough Riders too. More to come.

If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by JimVH »

FredS wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 18:18 A couple new ones over the last few weeks. I'm really diggin' this sodbuster/work knife shape. The Marbles is white bone and the Imperial is plastic. Looking at Cases in yellow and a few Rough Riders too. More to come.

Triggered.

I have a Case and a Kissing Crane, both yellow smalls. I’ve always wanted a large one, though. I’ll tell Rita it’s Fred’s fault.

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 18:27 Triggered.

I have a Case and a Kissing Crane, both yellow smalls. I’ve always wanted a large one, though. I’ll tell Rita it’s Fred’s fault.
These are around 3.5" which I think is between Cases sodbuster and sodbuster jr sizes. 3.0-3.5" is the perfect edc size for me.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Jocose »

I realized that I did not have a new Barlow knife so I ordered one off of Amazon for $8… and I love it.

This will be my last knife purchase ever for 2023
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Bloodhound »

As I said earlier, I got a Buck 110 for my nephew's son for Christmas...he is almost 13. He loved it! He helped everyone with their package opening and found other stuff that "Had to be cut" like tags, packaging, a branch on the Christmas tree...He loved his new knife! 8-)

I always have a knife on hand for Christmas present opening. I had my Western Barlow...it however stayed in my pocket...It was a good day!
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by JimVH »

Y'all need to promise not to slip into a covetous state when you see my Christmas knife.

Brace yourselves.

I present to you the epitome of tasteful elegance and suave presentation.

After I got done laughing I realized this is actually a pretty solid little knife. It's almost the same size as the Barlow pattern made by RR and is wicked sharp. I will absolutely carry it.
Attachments
leg knife.jpeg
leg knife.jpeg (36.39 KiB) Viewed 22154 times

Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Bloodhound »

JimVH wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 11:47 Y'all need to promise not to slip into a covetous state when you see my Christmas knife.

Brace yourselves.

I present to you the epitome of tasteful elegance and suave presentation.

After I got done laughing I realized this is actually a pretty solid little knife. It's almost the same size as the Barlow pattern made by RR and is wicked sharp. I will absolutely carry it.
Gotta love the Lady Leg...now you need a lamp to go with it and your new Red Ryder
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...