The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc), to product reviews of items that may have slipped inder our radar (ie Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything 'new' unless it hearkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post by DLJake »

Biff wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 16:23
DLJake wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 15:49 dang - too cool.

Army days I had an amigo that had a .22 single shot rifle.

We'd put a hard red ball candy on a stump out in the woods in Yellow Springs and that dude drilled it from 30 feet. Glad he was on my side.
.45 @ 25yrds last weekend .... wanna be on my side?

bulls eye1.JPG
We got room, climb aboard.

<smilie scan>

:violence-rocket: :violence-ak47:

:violence-pipe:

sigh
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
JudgeRusty
Sunday School Student

The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post by JudgeRusty »

My daddy's Remington Targetmaster.

If you missed with it, it wasn't the rifle's fault.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post by Bloodhound »

So we are getting things ready here at the house that we will need to take to the cabin the end of the month to open it up. I never leave a gun or ammo up their during the winter...but I will be taking a .22 rifle up to lock in the gun locker up there...it will be a Winchester 72 that I found on line, it was a pile of parts in a box...I had some parts, so I am in the process of putting together a complete rifle that can be the cabin gun. Penny said she wants me to teach her how to shoot the Pellet Rifle too :D
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 18 May 2022, 10:02 So we are getting things ready here at the house that we will need to take to the cabin the end of the month to open it up. I never leave a gun or ammo up their during the winter...but I will be taking a .22 rifle up to lock in the gun locker up there...it will be a Winchester 72 that I found on line, it was a pile of parts in a box...I had some parts, so I am in the process of putting together a complete rifle that can be the cabin gun. Penny said she wants me to teach her how to shoot the Pellet Rifle too :D
You married up.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post by Bloodhound »

Well Penny and I just finished watching the "Joe Picket" 1st season last night...we had binge watched the first few and then spaced them out some. I have not read the books, but I was sucked right in, when saw what his carry rifle was...

WINCHESTER 72 :o :dance: :clap: VERY VERY COOL!

Joe's rifle looks just like mine...or mine looks like his

Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post by SlowToke »

The only .22 I have is a Henry lever action. It's not technically OFG since it's only about 12 years old but it sure has an OFG feel to it. Super accurate too. Very fun to shoot.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post by JimVH »

SlowToke wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 11:22 The only .22 I have is a Henry lever action. It's not technically OFG since it's only about 12 years old but it sure has an OFG feel to it. Super accurate too. Very fun to shoot.
Nice.

I gave a Henry lever action to my grandson on his first birthday.

Never too young…

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post by Biff »

Can confirm: Henry makes great stuff. I own a 38/.357 Henry big loop. I'm jonesing for the side-gate 30-30. Once you 'mericans stop hoggin' them all, and they come across the border, I'll have one.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post by SlowToke »

Biff wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 19:41 Can confirm: Henry makes great stuff. I own a 38/.357 Henry big loop. I'm jonesing for the side-gate 30-30. Once you 'mericans stop hoggin' them all, and they come across the border, I'll have one.
I have a Marlin 30-30 lever action. It's a cannon. I'd love a .38/357 lever action but those are all hogged up too!
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's .22 Rifle

Post by JimVH »

SlowToke wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 12:26
Biff wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 19:41 Can confirm: Henry makes great stuff. I own a 38/.357 Henry big loop. I'm jonesing for the side-gate 30-30. Once you 'mericans stop hoggin' them all, and they come across the border, I'll have one.
I have a Marlin 30-30 lever action. It's a cannon. I'd love a .38/357 lever action but those are all hogged up too!
I have the Marlin in .357, .44, and 30-30. Years ago I had it in 45-70 and traded it. One of the worst gun decisions I ever made.

I really enjoy that platform.