What are you drinking?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

What are you drinking?

Post by FredS »

Spent the weekend solo "camping" in southern Colorado. Capped off a wonderful Saturday with a bowl of cold Palisade peaches and some Glenlivet.

#luckiestmanalive
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent

What are you drinking?

Post by Hugo Drax »

Peach Waterloo
Weenies are us.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

What are you drinking?

Post by JimVH »

Agua. Neat.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

What are you drinking?

Post by sweetandsour »

G&T this afternoon. Earl Grey tea this evening.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

What are you drinking?

Post by sweetandsour »

Troubadour wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 15:17 Lately I have a cerveza such as a Modelo about once a week. (Pretty much exclusively at home, since I haven't been drinking - or been drunk - "out on the town" for several years; and I rarely if ever touch wine or liquor).

I think the taste of inexpensive Mexican lager is much better than cheap "corporate" beer like Budweizer or Miller.

I rarely drink ales or "microbrews" anymore because the rich, sugary nature doesn't sit well with me, I prefer a smooth and clean drink.
That's a good beer. But isn't it also a so-called corporate beer? I don't know, I'm just asking. WRT Miller, I almost always have a Miller Lite after 18 holes of golf. It's an old go-to around here.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

What are you drinking?

Post by FredS »

sweetandsour wrote: 28 Aug 2022, 19:00
Troubadour wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 15:17 I think the taste of inexpensive Mexican lager is much better than cheap "corporate" beer like Budweizer or Miller.
That's a good beer. But isn't it also a so-called corporate beer? I don't know, I'm just asking. WRT Miller, I almost always have a Miller Lite after 18 holes of golf. It's an old go-to around here.
Actually, yes, it's very much a "corporate" beer. "Modelo is owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev everywhere except the U.S., where it’s owned by the New York-based, world-dominating conglomerate Constellation Brands." It is brewed in Mexico but that fact alone doesn't make it 'quaint'.

Maybe we should start a "Mexican Beer" thread?
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hugo Drax

What are you drinking?

Post by Hugo Drax »

FredS wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 06:34
sweetandsour wrote: 28 Aug 2022, 19:00
Troubadour wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 15:17 I think the taste of inexpensive Mexican lager is much better than cheap "corporate" beer like Budweizer or Miller.
Actually, yes, it's very much a "corporate" beer. "Modelo is owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev everywhere except the U.S., where it’s owned by the New York-based, world-dominating conglomerate Constellation Brands." It is brewed in Mexico but that fact alone doesn't make it 'quaint'.

Maybe we should start a "Mexican Beer" thread?
Today's sign of mankind's fall: we've overcomplicated the concept of beer.
Weenies are us.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

What are you drinking?

Post by FredS »

Hugo Drax wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 07:27 Today's sign of mankind's fall: we've overcomplicated the concept of beer.
See the Tuttle Monks thread about homebrewing.
Hugo Drax

What are you drinking?

Post by Hugo Drax »

FredS wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 08:01
Hugo Drax wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 07:27 Today's sign of mankind's fall: we've overcomplicated the concept of beer.
Sorry, I wasnt clear about what I meant. I'm amazed that we've become so rich so quickly that buying corporate beer vs beer produced by microbreweries owned by rich kids is an actual thing. My grandfather predated canned beer. My great grandmother was born the year the bottle cap was invented. They would have bought local beer because it was the only option. Now we do it to support local people, if we bother to do it at all, and sort of forgot in the meantime that beer was invented because God loves us and wants us to he happy.
Weenies are us.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

What are you drinking?

Post by FredS »

Hugo Drax wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 08:26
FredS wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 08:01
Sorry, I wasnt clear about what I meant. I'm amazed that we've become so rich so quickly that buying corporate beer vs beer produced by microbreweries owned by rich kids is an actual thing. My grandfather predated canned beer. My great grandmother was born the year the bottle cap was invented. They would have bought local beer because it was the only option. Now we do it to support local people, if we bother to do it at all, and sort of forgot in the meantime that beer was invented because God loves us and wants us to he happy.
I'm lucky. I could literally ride my bike to any one of almost 30 breweries in less than an hour. I don't. But I could. All will refill your growler and some can even seal up a super-sized can to take home.