Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

FredS wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 06:42 As I feared, and mentioned in this prayer thread, my Aunt Judy has died. We stopped by to see her when we were back home last week. I knew, walking out of her house, that I'd not see her again on this side. She never really recovered from my father's death a couple years ago. He was her bro and best friend. Pile on the grief of losing her youngest child to murder and it was more than she could stand.

Thanks fellas, for being my virtual water cooler.
Sorry to hear it.

Also, gub glub glug gurgle
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Post by joegoat »

I haven't mowed in three weeks. It has either rained every one of my days off or not cleared up enough to dry up the previous rain. Today is the day!
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

FredS wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 06:42 As I feared, and mentioned in this prayer thread, my Aunt Judy has died. We stopped by to see her when we were back home last week. I knew, walking out of her house, that I'd not see her again on this side. She never really recovered from my father's death a couple years ago. He was her bro and best friend. Pile on the grief of losing her youngest child to murder and it was more than she could stand.

So sorry to hear this...
Keeping you and your family in prayers
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

The worst part?

My brother, who still lives near our hometown cancelled his trip to visit and camp/fish with me so he'd be around in case this happened. He said "Family comes before fishing." I'm like, "Ahhm, am I not family? And besides, no it doesn't."
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JudgeRusty
Sunday School Student

Post by JudgeRusty »

I took a Charatan Canadian with me on opening day of dove season. It's been many years since I have been on a hunt with plenty of doves, so listening to ballgames and smoking some OGS was plan to help pass the time.

Might be no trick for some of you, but I made a couple of successful shots without removing the pipe from my mouth. Not planned, but just happened. As far as I recall, a first for me.

For the record, although not many doves flying, I still managed to miss many regardless of pipe status.
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

JudgeRusty wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 13:38 I took a Charatan Canadian with me on opening day of dove season. It's been many years since I have been on a hunt with plenty of doves, so listening to ballgames and smoking some OGS was plan to help pass the time.

Might be no trick for some of you, but I made a couple of successful shots without removing the pipe from my mouth. Not planned, but just happened. As far as I recall, a first for me.

For the record, although not many doves flying, I still managed to miss many regardless of pipe status.
Isn't that a good feeling? Bit through one of my stems doing it the first time, though.

Firmly of the opinion that doves are the most fun thing you can hunt. Used to really enjoy timberdoodle, too, but I don't have the heart to kill something so beautiful anymore.
Weenies are us.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

You know, having a douche canoe around might be a good thing, if for no other reason than to make me feel smug over my willpower to ignore them without resorting to the 'foe' tag.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Somebody you know just got badass seats for Joanne Shaw Taylor in March.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by GaryInVA »

JimVH wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 12:50 Somebody you know just got badass seats for Joanne Shaw Taylor in March.
Will you yell out "FREEBIRD!!! for me?
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

GaryInVA wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 13:59
JimVH wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 12:50 Somebody you know just got badass seats for Joanne Shaw Taylor in March.
Will you yell out "FREEBIRD!!! for me?
Audible chuckle.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix