Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I get my meds from an old shop downtown, run by an old German woman. Her equally old children are the pharmacists. The girl is probably 60 and her brother is even older. They argue like little kids. Their bickering is not playful - I really don't think they like each other, and I'm entertained every time I go in there. I'm pretty sure they'll cash out and retire to opposite coasts as soon as the old lady dies.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

The agency I work for is housed by the City & County of Denver. The city has decided to move us to another building. So the entire agency, about 200 people are moving 3 blocks away from where we are now...

I have been employed here for 16 years...yup I have stuff in my office that I forgot I had. We have to be all packed up and done by Friday. Then next week we are not allowed in the old building and we are not allowed in the new building...I still have not even seen what my office looks like or where it will be other than it is on the 54th floor. My current office is on the 9th floor, so maybe the view will be better in the new office
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Bloodhound wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 11:05 The agency I work for is housed by the City & County of Denver. The city has decided to move us to another building. So the entire agency, about 200 people are moving 3 blocks away from where we are now...

I have been employed here for 16 years...yup I have stuff in my office that I forgot I had. We have to be all packed up and done by Friday. Then next week we are not allowed in the old building and we are not allowed in the new building...I still have not even seen what my office looks like or where it will be other than it is on the 54th floor. My current office is on the 9th floor, so maybe the view will be better in the new office
54 ÷ 9 = 6

I hope they increase your pay by sixfold, or 6%, or something. Seeing as how you are moving up like that.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

FredS wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 12:04 I get my meds from an old shop downtown, run by an old German woman. Her equally old children are the pharmacists. The girl is probably 60 and her brother is even older. They argue like little kids. Their bickering is not playful - I really don't think they like each other, and I'm entertained every time I go in there. I'm pretty sure they'll cash out and retire to opposite coasts as soon as the old lady dies.
They'll be fine. For Germans, familial bickering is a language of love.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

I got approached by a con man tonight and I let him win. These guys hang out around waiting rooms at the hospital with heart wrenching stories and con people out of money. I’ve been approached in several different hospitals and their acting skills are normally pretty polished. I think I may have written on the old site about a dude we’ve run into at St Luke’s before. They’re always stuck here from another state, traveling with a family member who unexpectedly experienced a catastrophic health event and all they need is a few dollars for food or gas. I told him I had trouble believing him and his story was poorly researched. His daughter, that was badly injured in a crash (in the car he needed gas for) and in ICU, was on the wrong floor in the wrong building for her injuries. I’m usually a butthole to these guys, but this time I just told him, honestly, that I’m out of cash and he’s out of luck. His tone changed and he politely said thank you and started to walk away.

Then I told him to follow me to the cafeteria and bought him a sandwich and a bag of chips with my credit card. It’s a long walk and we had, what at least I pretended to be, an honest conversation, aside from his head constantly bobbing looking for security guards. It wasn’t the worst talk I ever had with a stranger.

Tonight I was part of a problem, but I’m oddly okay with it.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

JimVH wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 16:46 Tonight I was part of a problem, but I’m oddly okay with it.
You treated an unworthy guy with kindness, and likely occupied the con man long enough to spare a number of innocent victims.

At your judgment, I pray the Lord will reimburse your credit card.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Post by Jocose »

JimVH wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 16:46 I got approached by a con man tonight and I let him win. These guys hang out around waiting rooms at the hospital with heart wrenching stories and con people out of money. I’ve been approached in several different hospitals and their acting skills are normally pretty polished. I think I may have written on the old site about a dude we’ve run into at St Luke’s before. They’re always stuck here from another state, traveling with a family member who unexpectedly experienced a catastrophic health event and all they need is a few dollars for food or gas. I told him I had trouble believing him and his story was poorly researched. His daughter, that was badly injured in a crash (in the car he needed gas for) and in ICU, was on the wrong floor in the wrong building for her injuries. I’m usually a butthole to these guys, but this time I just told him, honestly, that I’m out of cash and he’s out of luck. His tone changed and he politely said thank you and started to walk away.

Then I told him to follow me to the cafeteria and bought him a sandwich and a bag of chips with my credit card. It’s a long walk and we had, what at least I pretended to be, an honest conversation, aside from his head constantly bobbing looking for security guards. It wasn’t the worst talk I ever had with a stranger.

Tonight I was part of a problem, but I’m oddly okay with it.
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares

ONE WORD: I’m not implying that there were angels involved. I was Just was reminded of this scripture.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 16:46 Tonight I was part of a problem, but I’m oddly okay with it.
Don't be so sure about that. Even if you'd given the dude cash and he went around the corner and bought a hit of meth, you're not part of the problem. That's on his addiction, not you. Trust me, that guy wasn't panhandling because he enjoys conning people. He needed help and you helped. Simple as that.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

I met a general the other day. He was nice.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

I wondered only for a brief moment, yesterday on Easter Sunday, exactly what transgender "visibility" is.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.