Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by ChildOfGod »

I've had to put $2200 into my car over the past 30 days. It drives like new now, but still.... even though the interior is minty at 150K on the odometer this sort of money gives me pause.
Wishing you God's very best!
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Someone broke into my Passat and stole stuff out of the glove box, including my prescription sun glasses.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

Hovannes wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 19:03 Someone broke into my Passat and stole stuff out of the glove box, including my prescription sun glasses.
:angry-fire:
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Biff wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 21:32
Hovannes wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 19:03 Someone broke into my Passat and stole stuff out of the glove box, including my prescription sun glasses.
:angry-fire:
+!
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Ok, I'm starting on our income taxes today.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

sweetandsour wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 07:47 Ok, I'm starting on our income taxes today.
I started ours last night. We've divested ourselves of an LLC and a farm partnership in '22 and all that stuff was wrapped up on last years return (almost) so it's going to be simple this year. This is the first time I've done my own tax return in 10 or 12 years. I did returns for my grown children until they got married and I passed it off to them. Still pulling info togather but - if I can't pull some major deductions out of a hat - it looks like we'll owe a penelty for underwithholding. Again.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

FredS wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 09:47
sweetandsour wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 07:47 Ok, I'm starting on our income taxes today.
I started ours last night. We've divested ourselves of an LLC and a farm partnership in '22 and all that stuff was wrapped up on last years return (almost) so it's going to be simple this year. This is the first time I've done my own tax return in 10 or 12 years. I did returns for my grown children until they got married and I passed it off to them. Still pulling info togather but - if I can't pull some major deductions out of a hat - it looks like we'll owe a penelty for underwithholding. Again.
I filed mine over the weekend. My first full year as a 1099 worker, so I was over prepared and over saved. I hope I can stay that tenacious. My financial life is pretty uncomplicated other than that, so Turbo Tax is my friend. Even with a simple life it still managed to find me a few bucks. I did have to pay a $13 penalty for late arrival of a quarterly estimated payment. The check cleared the bank before the deadline, so I don't know how they figured it. Made a couple of phone calls and got so frustrated I just paid it. It was worth 13 bucks just to prevent my head from exploding.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

I filed Pipeson's return.
And I filed Cigarson and his wife.
I filed for a young friend who has his own painting business.

Now I have to start on mine. I'm scared....

I've got rental properties, trading stocks and options, passive membership in an LLC that barely breaks even, enough charity deductions that I have to itemize, IRA rollovers (I've had problems with IRS over these in the past), and likely some other problems that I haven't uncovered yet.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Del needs a one way ticket to Switzerland.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Post by joegoat »

Del wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 16:04 I filed Pipeson's return.
And I filed Cigarson and his wife.
I filed for a young friend who has his own painting business.

Now I have to start on mine. I'm scared....

I've got rental properties, trading stocks and options, passive membership in an LLC that barely breaks even, enough charity deductions that I have to itemize, IRA rollovers (I've had problems with IRS over these in the past), and likely some other problems that I haven't uncovered yet.
Del, you don't have enough hair left to pull out. If I had a situation that complex, I'd hire someone. I keepy flying monkey breeding off the books just to avoid the possibilities of the IRS getting involved.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)