Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

JimVH wrote: 05 May 2023, 07:15
JimVH wrote: 03 May 2023, 12:13
sweetandsour wrote: 01 May 2023, 19:02

Unbelievable low ball offer. I'd be tempted to report it to Amazon.
Just got a third attempt and they are up to $15. Another six bucks and it would have been cheaper to just offer me a refund when I asked for one.

We shall see.
Attempt number 6, now at $20. Almost at the break-even.
I’ve lost count of the number of attempts, but we are up to $35.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

I’m in a cell phone repair shop in the hood. The store front glass is covered in one-way graphics. Ring the bell to be buzzed in the door. Wait inside the steel cage until the door closes behind you and locks. Then the cage door opens allowing you into the store. In the back of my mind Elvis sings softly In the Ghetto. The aroma of weed and incense is overwhelming. I wait on a velour couch that I imagine would fit into the decor of any fine bordello. Twenty minutes later and a nice conversation comparing and contrasting Texas to India and I hear “All done!” The service was quick, friendly, and cheap, and my phone works like new.

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

JimVH wrote: 15 May 2023, 10:08 I’m in a cell phone repair shop in the hood. The store front glass is covered in one-way graphics. Ring the bell to be buzzed in the door. Wait inside the steel cage until the door closes behind you and locks. Then the cage door opens allowing you into the store. In the back of my mind Elvis sings softly In the Ghetto. The aroma of weed and incense is overwhelming. I wait on a velour couch that I imagine would fit into the decor of any fine bordello. Twenty minutes later and a nice conversation comparing and contrasting Texas to India and I hear “All done!” The service was quick, friendly, and cheap, and my phone works like new.
Very nice.

The battery store I took my phone to here wouldn't work on it, but an employee told me on the side that he would change the battery for me for $50 cash. I had to think about it for a sec, then took him up on his offer. But, no steel cages or sticky couches.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Going to pick up a few dozen concrete blocks this evening. Not looking forward to it.

Need a couple sheets of hardboard too, but it looks like it's going to rain before I could get them under cover.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Got in a squabble with Mrs FredS yesterday at the cabin. She thought I thought she wasn't pulling her weight with chores. Probably because I said so.

Anyway, she literally took a hike.

Came back with a leg bone. She swore it's human. It's not.

She's still a little frosty, but we're good.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

My wife seems to have forgotten that I’m the man of this house and what I say goes. Would one of y’all mind giving her a call and straightening this out for me? I’m too busy vacuuming.

GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by GaryInVA »

sweetandsour wrote: 16 May 2023, 05:25
JimVH wrote: 15 May 2023, 10:08 I’m in a cell phone repair shop in the hood. The store front glass is covered in one-way graphics. Ring the bell to be buzzed in the door. Wait inside the steel cage until the door closes behind you and locks. Then the cage door opens allowing you into the store. In the back of my mind Elvis sings softly In the Ghetto. The aroma of weed and incense is overwhelming. I wait on a velour couch that I imagine would fit into the decor of any fine bordello. Twenty minutes later and a nice conversation comparing and contrasting Texas to India and I hear “All done!” The service was quick, friendly, and cheap, and my phone works like new.
Very nice.

The battery store I took my phone to here wouldn't work on it, but an employee told me on the side that he would change the battery for me for $50 cash. I had to think about it for a sec, then took him up on his offer. But, no steel cages or sticky couches.
Jim, the store didn't happen to be down by UH stadium did it?
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

GaryInVA wrote: 22 May 2023, 05:28
Very nice.

No sir, out in the FM 1960 @ Ella area.

sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

JimVH wrote: 22 May 2023, 07:43

Very nice.

I landed in the ER at a hospital near there once. Also near there I bought my first set of golf irons. Also we used to eat out at a Steak and Ale near there, and thought we were really something. But some of the shops in those strip malls were where you sometimes needed to go to get some things done, like firearm trades or other things like that. Now days it'd be cell phone or laptop repairs.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

sweetandsour wrote: 28 May 2023, 14:38
JimVH wrote: 22 May 2023, 07:43
I landed in the ER at a hospital near there once. Also near there I bought my first set of golf irons. Also we used to eat out at a Steak and Ale near there, and thought we were really something. But some of the shops in those strip malls were where you sometimes needed to go to get some things done, like firearm trades or other things like that. Now days it'd be cell phone or laptop repairs.
I’ll bet I’ve been in that ER hundreds of times over the years. That S&A was a frequent haunt, too.

Small world.

Sadly, you probably wouldn’t recognize that area now.