Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I think we'll sell the 32' travel trailer. Only used it a dozen times in the last few years. So I was looking at teardrops, but Mrs FredS says she needs an included bathroom or she'd not going. "Fine" says I, "I don't mind going solo". So now I've gone down the rabbit hole of buying a used truck topper and building a bed and some storage for camp kitchen gear in the back of the truck. To be honest, I'm a little geeked about this right now.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

We tent camped the first few years after we got married. Then we got a Canned Ham...it was older but had a bathroom. We gave that to our son and bought a pop-up...no bathroom...now we have a cabin. Penny just laughs at me when I talk about going camping...
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

An old whiskey barrel with charred sides that we've used for a planter for various sunflowers and hibiscus finally rotted out on the bottom, so I took it apart and I'm thinking of cleaning up and using the sides for BBQ. It's oak, and should add a little character to some ribs and sausage I'm thinking.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

sweetandsour wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 04:51 An old whiskey barrel with charred sides that we've used for a planter for various sunflowers and hibiscus finally rotted out on the bottom, so I took it apart and I'm thinking of cleaning up and using the sides for BBQ. It's oak, and should add a little character to some ribs and sausage I'm thinking.
Some whiskey barrel staves, some grape vines, and a few chunks of left over Royal Oak briquettes yesterday made for some good ashes and tasty BBQ.
IMG_20240425_164137667Resized.jpg
IMG_20240425_164137667Resized.jpg (81.52 KiB) Viewed 144 times
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

This morning, I asked my wife if she will be going into the office today... or complaining from home.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

I bought a pop rivet tool today.
$3.77 incl. tax at Harbor Freight.
It got good reviews and came with an assortment of pop rivets.
As best I can remember, this may be the third pop rivet tool I've bought in my 71 years.
I so rarely need one I tend to lose 'em.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Hovannes wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 19:08 I bought a pop rivet tool today.
$3.77 incl. tax at Harbor Freight.
It got good reviews and came with an assortment of pop rivets.
As best I can remember, this may be the third pop rivet tool I've bought in my 71 years.
I so rarely need one I tend to lose 'em.
That's me with chalk lines.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

One of the issues Rita dealt with after surgery took a terrible toll on the skin. For several weeks I've been helping her with her skin moisturizing routine to help recover from the damage. Right now my hands are as soft as a 20 year old girl's.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

My daughter is home (LA) from Stagecoach and has been reunited with her huge Yellow Lab, Remi, which we were dog-sitting for the past five days.
I already miss that dog.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

I am miffed with our WalMart 24" Expert Grill.
It is otherwise a good grill with cast iron cooking grates and can be found for less that 100 bucks on sale.
I got four seasons of hard use out of my last one, but I am only on the second season with its replacement, and I already noticed the
charcoal grate, which is thin sheet metal with holes, has begun to fail with cracks forming between the holes.
The design won't allow that grate to be replaced without replacing the entire "elevator" mechanism which lowers and raises the charcoal grate.
Grrrrrr!