Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

FredS wrote: 01 May 2023, 06:42 When I was a boy we did a maypole dance at school.
Also, on May Day, mother and us boys would make 'baskets' from colored construction paper and put cut daffodils and tulips from grandmothers garden in them. We'd drop them off on the porch of neighbors, particularly the old people, and then ding dong ditch them.

Seems like a million years ago.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

I got an email today from an Amazon vendor offering me $10 to delete a negative product review. I declined.

The more I think about it the more it annoys me.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

JimVH wrote: 01 May 2023, 18:00 I got an email today from an Amazon vendor offering me $10 to delete a negative product review. I declined.

Unbelievable low ball offer. I'd be tempted to report it to Amazon.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

dirt-bag
"A person who is committed to a given (usually extreme) lifestyle to the point of abandoning employment and other societal norms in order to pursue said lifestyle. Dirtbags can be distinguished from hippies by the fact that dirtbags have a specific reason for their living communaly and generally non-hygenically; dirtbags are seeking to spend all of their moments pursuing their lifestyle"

Around here, it's rock climbers, and they're back from wherever they spend their winters. I reckon they sleep on a friends couch and clean toilets at REI or wash dishes at IHOP to earn what little money they need to get through the climbing season. I live in a college town at the edge of the mountains and it's funny to see dirtbag wannabes at the university. You can tell by the clean fingernails. Mrs FredS and I were out to dinner at a mid-to-high priced restaurant the other evening and there was a boy and girl "dirtbag" couple next to us. A real dirtbag could live two months on the $100ish they spent for one meal.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

sweetandsour wrote: 01 May 2023, 19:02
JimVH wrote: 01 May 2023, 18:00 I got an email today from an Amazon vendor offering me $10 to delete a negative product review. I declined.

Just got a third attempt and they are up to $15. Another six bucks and it would have been cheaper to just offer me a refund when I asked for one.

We shall see.

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

JimVH wrote: 03 May 2023, 12:13

Just got a third attempt and they are up to $15. Another six bucks and it would have been cheaper to just offer me a refund when I asked for one.

We shall see.
Attempt number 6, now at $20. Almost at the break-even.

sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

JimVH wrote: 05 May 2023, 07:15
JimVH wrote: 03 May 2023, 12:13

We shall see.
Attempt number 6, now at $20. Almost at the break-even.
Good job, bud. Keep it going, and keep 'em guessing. If they really wanted to make it right, they'd have done so, and added their own reply to that affect/effect to your review.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

This week I bought a pipe from Luigi Viprati and saw Arturo Sandoval live.

I'm a very boring person.
Weenies are us.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

Sounds like a full week. It will take hours of patient effort to break in that pipe...don't forget the grape jelly 8-)
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

An Old(ish) Man's Observations:
  • Mrs FredS and I attended a concert by Chapel Hart over the weekend. They're a country band composed of three black women - two sisters and a cousin - and they're fantastic singers. They're new to the touring gig though, and could tighten up their performance.
  • Lesbians seem to enyoy traditional country music. White ones and black ones. There were many in attendance. I figured that everyone over the age of 40 grew up with a father who listened to country music and it's comforting to revisit it from time to time. I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Sixty year old white women should not get drunk or stoned in public. If you're the friend of such a person, please remove them from the hall, as their dancing and hugging of strangers is distracting.
  • Chapel Hart as well as their opening acts are all women from Mississippi. They all yammered on about their home state and how great it is even though it's humid. Also, they wore cowboy hats and everybody knows there are no cowboys in Mississippi. You can't be a southerner and a westerner at the same time, no matter what JimVH says.
  • They sang Delta Dawn and everyone in the audience joined in. I don't think I'd like to hang out with anyone who doesn't know the words to that song. Mrs FredS knows the words but said she never knew what it meant. It's about a woman who's gone crazy because a man promised his love to bed her then bolted. I said Tanya Tucker was like 13 or something when she recorded it. She didn't believe me so she googled it. Yep, a 13 year old girl made that song famous.