Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 09:29 I had a burrito for breakfast and not the breakfast kind...
You be you, brother.

Burritos and tacos are just as legit as cold fried chicken or pizza for breakfast. Let noone shame you.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

I tried to donate a large quantity of new t-shirts to charities that included homeless and rescue shelters today. It seemed like a good idea, but I was quickly put in my place. It seems because t-shirts are the leading cause of trash at the bottom of our oceans, so we can't give them to humans who have no clothes. Apparently other types of clothing are not a pollution risk.

All I could do was think "Bless your heart".

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

JimVH wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 12:57 I tried to donate a large quantity of new t-shirts to charities that included homeless and rescue shelters today. It seemed like a good idea, but I was quickly put in my place. It seems because t-shirts are the leading cause of trash at the bottom of our oceans, so we can't give them to humans who have no clothes. Apparently other types of clothing are not a pollution risk.

So many questions and then it still doesn't make sense...never heard of T-shirts causing pollution of any kind

Sometimes people are strange and their ideas are even stranger...
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

OK so I looked it up on line...its the plastic in our clothing...the theory is that it washes out of our clothes and into the oceans...so would cotton t-shirts be accepted? would you have to prove they were all cotton? Who knew?
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by GaryInVA »

They were all Hello Kitty t-shirts that when homeless people are given them, they chuck them into the surf.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

GaryInVA wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 13:25 They were all Hello Kitty t-shirts that when homeless people are given them, they chuck them into the surf.
Now I'm sad. I've always wanted a Hello Kitty shirt and others are just throwing them away.

FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 12:57 I tried to donate a large quantity of new t-shirts to charities that included homeless and rescue shelters today. It seemed like a good idea, but I was quickly put in my place. It seems because t-shirts are the leading cause of trash at the bottom of our oceans, so we can't give them to humans who have no clothes. Apparently other types of clothing are not a pollution risk.

No good deed goes unpunished. I've been driving around town with a box full of three-ring binders in the back seat for two months. The Goodwill store has cut back on their donation hours due to short staffing but they were finally open yesterday so I swung through while running some errands. They run you through an alley sort of deal and I sat behind an old lady who must be moving to a retirement home soon because she had more crap in her car than I could believe. She was like a magician pulling stuff out a hat. I was stuck behind her for 15 minutes. To drop of a half dozen binders.

Remember the odd second-hand t-shirts JMG's friends in the jungle wore?
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Before my mountain climbing son left for the Rockies, Wasatch and Tetons, he built a Crack Machine to train on (how do I explain this? Like a climbing wall but at an acute angle so you climb upside down) It took up a good 1/3 of our patio. The lad doesn't need it now so I took it apart. There is a lot of lumber and I needed to find a use for it.
The Hov girls suggested I make a couple of corn hole games and so I am. I used nearly all the plywood (some of the ply is in the picture I posted of my Raleigh bicycle project) and all the 2x4s----in fact I still need another 2x4 to finish.
This still leaves me with a hefty stack of 2x6s to utilize somehow.
So far I survived without stepping on a deck screw, which would have surely spoiled my day
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

I'm eating Stilton.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

coco wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 13:46I'm eating Stilton.
King of the Cheese World
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...