Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

I planned to stop for BBQ but there was a guy in the parking lot out by the street dressed in a pig suit that was Pepto Bismol pink and looked like it hadn't been washed ever, and I changed my mind. Somehow, seeing the guy in the pink pig suit didn't make me want to eat BBQ.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
mdpiper
Sunday School Student

Post by mdpiper »

Took me forever to find out what happened to CPS. I guess I’m a little late for the party.
…..
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I don't think I've mentioned this before but - I like to see kids fishing.

Not in a creeper-hiding-in-the-bushes-watching-children-fish-in-the-duck-pond-at-the-park kind of thing, but just seeing kids explore their world makes me happy. Fishing won't 'stick' with most of them but maybe fishing with a relative or neighbor who invests the time to take them will become a touchstone sometime in the future when they need a reminder that they're not worthless. Maybe it turns them on to geology or ecology as their life's work. Maybe they'll understand they're a part of nature and not just an observer. Maybe they'll learn a little about where food comes from. Maybe they'll care about clean water or public lands.

Or maybe they'll be a fish bum living in a van down by the river.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by DLJake »

FredS wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 06:14 I don't think I've mentioned this before but - I like to see kids fishing. WHERE IS THE <ZEDERATED> HIGHTLIGHT TEXT OPTION? THIS IS WHAT I GOTTA WORK WITH?

Not in a creeper-hiding-in-the-bushes-watching-children-fish-in-the-duck-pond-at-the-park kind of thing, the no highlight option has bummed me out to the point that my snark is so sad, it won't present but just seeing kids explore their world makes me happy. Fishing won't 'stick' with most of them but maybe fishing with a relative or neighbor who invests the time to take them will become a touchstone sometime in the future when they need a reminder that they're not worthless. Maybe it turns them on to geology or ecology as their life's work. Maybe they'll understand they're a part of nature and not just an observer. Maybe they'll learn a little about where food comes from. Maybe they'll care about clean water or public lands.

Or maybe they'll be a fish bum living in a van down by the river. HA - rage against the machine
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
mdpiper
Sunday School Student

Post by mdpiper »

I was at the grocery store the other day and had to put back bacon that I was thinking of buying. Just couldn’t pull the trigger. What a world!
…..
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

mdpiper wrote: 02 May 2022, 21:38 I was at the grocery store the other day and had to put back bacon that I was thinking of buying. Just couldn’t pull the trigger. What a world!
Indeed. You know the apocalypse is upon us when bacon is out of reach.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

This morning I pulled to the side of a local road, stopped, got out of the car and ran to flip an upside down turtle back over onto its' feet, and then scooted it off to the side of the road.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

sweetandsour wrote: 04 May 2022, 07:55 This morning I pulled to the side of a local road, stopped, got out of the car and ran to flip an upside down turtle back over onto its' feet, and then scooted it off to the side of the road.
Heroes walk among us, people.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Thunktank »

JimVH wrote: 04 May 2022, 07:58
sweetandsour wrote: 04 May 2022, 07:55 This morning I pulled to the side of a local road, stopped, got out of the car and ran to flip an upside down turtle back over onto its' feet, and then scooted it off to the side of the road.
Indeed! And I hope he scooted the turtle off to the side the turtle wanted to be on. Or else…
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Thunktank wrote: 04 May 2022, 08:18
JimVH wrote: 04 May 2022, 07:58
Indeed! And I hope he scooted the turtle off to the side the turtle wanted to be on. Or else…
I scooted it to the nearest shoulder. After that it was on its' on.