Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

sweetandsour wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 16:40 I've thought about doing part time work cleaning drier vents.
Last week I happened to walk by the laundry room while Mrs FredS was loading the dryer. The lint screen was not seated properly so I mentioned it and she said "Yeah it won't go in right." Seems that it hasn't for a few weeks. I retrieved a flashlight and an assortment of skinny tools and removed two large handfuls of lint so the screen seated properly. I told her that the whole vent line up and out through the roof now has a fuzzy lining of lint. She was like "OMG! I had no idea."

She can mend broken hearts and restore f'ed up minds, but damn, she hasn't a clue about things mechanical.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

I just took an address change for a former employee who now lives on Black Bass Hole Ln.

Go ahead, say it out loud with a straight face.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

JimVH wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 11:41 I just took an address change for a former employee who now lives on Black Bass Hole Ln.

Go ahead, say it out loud with a straight face.
I can't.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
jruegg
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by jruegg »

FredS wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 05:52
sweetandsour wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 16:40 I've thought about doing part time work cleaning drier vents.
Last week I happened to walk by the laundry room while Mrs FredS was loading the dryer. The lint screen was not seated properly so I mentioned it and she said "Yeah it won't go in right." Seems that it hasn't for a few weeks. I retrieved a flashlight and an assortment of skinny tools and removed two large handfuls of lint so the screen seated properly. I told her that the whole vent line up and out through the roof now has a fuzzy lining of lint. She was like "OMG! I had no idea."

She can mend broken hearts and restore f'ed up minds, but damn, she hasn't a clue about things mechanical.
"The two shall become one flesh."
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I ran errands to 3 stores at lunchtime. Lowes to get a saw. Sierra Trading post for a Valentine's Day gift. And Taco Johns drive through for lunch. As usual, Jax the Wonder Dog was with me. I don't know if this is a Colorado thing or if it's everywhere now, but he got treats from the clerks at every stop. The dude at Sierra Trading post with mascara and painted fingernails went nuts over him.

He loves, Loves, LOVES going to the coffee shop with Mrs FredS because they (every single one of them) give him a 'pup cup'. And of course he can smell a coffee shop as soon as you pull in the parking lot so he gets excited. On days when we go to the mountains early, we stop by the Human Bean and Mrs FredS and the dog get their favs. Last two times, we stopped so Mrs FredS could step out and give the homeless kid some money (he's always there and he always gets free coffee and muffins from the shop), and the dog jumps out and gives the dude some "puppy love" as he (the dude) calls it. It's a pretty good way to start the day.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

So I just watched an internet video of someone saying their last goodbyes to their dog.

Don’t do do that.

I also looked up a pop culture acronym used in an innocent looking internet joke video.

Don’t do that, either.

In fact, just don’t internet at all.

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by GaryInVA »

I just got back from a Lyle Lovett concert. Got to watch it with my bride at A&M where Lyle went to college.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

My daughter is a grown adult and has been for a long time. She just text her mom from Las Vegas to tell her it’s cold there. Rita immediately asked her if she was wearing a coat and taking her vitamin C.

That mom switch never turns off. It’s a beautiful thing.

FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

We have rednecks in Colorado just like Alabama.

Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

I am in New Mexico with Mrs. Bloodhound, and we got here late in the afternoon. We were beat after working this morning and then driving 6 hours. We ate at the restaurant at the hotel. We ordered the Pecan Beer that the waiter recommended...Pecan Beer....Beer made with Pecans...It was FANTASTIC
De La Vega's Pecan Beer I will find more to take home! Not that you care
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD