Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

About ten more payments and I'll have my daughter's car paid off :D
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

I got Fauci-fied (my covid booster) this afternoon, but only because I won the comorbidity contest and the Israelis just published valid sounding statistics supporting efficacy of the latest booster for slacker-losers like me.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

Hovannes wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 16:27 I got Fauci-fied (my covid booster) this afternoon, but only because I won the comorbidity contest and the Israelis just published valid sounding statistics supporting efficacy of the latest booster for slacker-losers like me.
https://beckernews.com/aha-study-48490/
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Biff wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 21:22
Hovannes wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 16:27 I got Fauci-fied (my covid booster) this afternoon, but only because I won the comorbidity contest and the Israelis just published valid sounding statistics supporting efficacy of the latest booster for slacker-losers like me.
https://beckernews.com/aha-study-48490/
Fortunately, I'm not so young, which is one of my many comorbidities.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

A friend just brought me a few pounds of ground venison. Now visions of chili peppers dance in my head.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

There were a couple of beautiful strip steaks in the butcher shop display.

Now there aren't.

To be honest, I don't think anyone will ever see them again.
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by DLJake »

Earlier tonight I was playing tug with Bear. New rope with 3 knots. His favorite and allows me the safest grip between knots. We're having fun. I get down to look like the rope is in my yap too but the hand is doing the tugs. Very funny to be that close. He then lets go.

The far side knot hit my left temple. My glasses immediately left my face and I had to hit the deck to recover. My dog lock in a socked me!

It took a bit and I was wearing boots. I didn't want to walk around and step on the glasses. Sit in place and slip off the Laredo's. I cannot see anything outside a serious blur. My "SmartPhone" was in my back pocket. Did the photo close up option tracking the possible telemetry of the specs where I was pretty much knocked unconscious by a dog toy. Nothing. Lean down on a shoulder to spy under the chair. I then had an argument with my SmartPhone. I was able to turn on the flashlight via Siri. I then went back to photo scope mode. Light went out. Couldn't get it back on.

I am now flat on my tummy on the floor. OK. Maybe it's in the chair. The brown chair. My frames are brown. Can't see them. That doesn't mean they are not there. I just can't see them. I was able to see them in about 15 minutes. Pretty sure that's 15 min of killer stand-up material.

I am the dumbest human I know.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Cool story DL. And you're right.

In other news, Mrs. FredS and I made 80 cheese and onion enchiladas last night. Her homemade enchilada sauce is da bomb and this particular batch is a little hotter than usual. Froze 'em in groupings of 3 in recycled Hillshire Farm sliced ham containers. Left 4 in the fridge for lunch today. Yum.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

I asked an audio forum what I thought was a simple question about MOSFETs for audio. On the fourth post, the thread was derailed. From there it went into fourteen different directions. After a two pages of posts, I have less than five answers to my original question, some of which are contradictory.

In other words, we aren't the only ones.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Dak Prescott is not a good quarterback. Not even in the top 10 of those currently playing. Oops, I forgot, he's not currently playing.

In other sporting news, the KU mens basketball team has lost two games in a row. That's unusual. Worse, our in-state rival, K-State, is ranked higher in the league and national standings. The BIG 12 conference (which really has only 10 teams) has 6 top ranked teams in the nation. We stink at football, but we rock at basketball.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson