Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by GaryInVA »

Happy Texas Independence Day! The stars at night, are big and bright,...
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

GaryInVA wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 05:58 Happy Texas Independence Day! The stars at night, are big and bright,...
Attachments
texas flag.gif
texas flag.gif (2.07 MiB) Viewed 505 times
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
jruegg
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by jruegg »

Biff wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 11:05
jruegg wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 10:44 I just did some fairly significant things that I can't fully discuss for another couple days. But know it is a fact. It's probably useless. And I doubt many if anyone will care about it.
That's what Ilhan said.
If true, perhaps the only thing I will ever have in common with her.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

I have a couple of large spruce trees on my lawn.

The spruce trees have a couple of Great Horned Owls who make their home there.

Them owls are hootin' up a storm tonight.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

Del wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 19:02 I have a couple of large spruce trees on my lawn.

The spruce trees have a couple of Great Horned Owls who make their home there.

Them owls are hootin' up a storm tonight.
Absolutely useless facts about you nobody gives a hoot about?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

We went to an old school Texas birthday party over the weekend. Sitting on a giant back porch, eating fajitas, while overlooking a small private lake, we watched chickens scratch in the yard and bees from nearby hives hover over the many plants and hanging baskets around the property. We were entertained by a cowboy poet that made you feel you were there on the prairie with him around a camp fire. There was no city noise, no hurry, and no pressure to do anything but enjoy.

It fueled my wannabe rancher nature and I didn't want it to end.

Here's a short poem by Kenny Lewis, our entertainer, poignant for this time, or any, time of year:

“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

(read in the voice of your favorite cowboy poet, they all sound the same)

I wanted to be a cowboy poet
I really did you see
But my mustache wouldn't let me
'Cause it makes me look prissy.

Oh, , , I know it's not right
Might even seem unfair
Now I write hip hop songs
Because of my dang facial hair.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
jruegg
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by jruegg »

jruegg wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 10:44 I just did some fairly significant things that I can't fully discuss for another couple days. But know it is a fact. It's probably useless. And I doubt many if anyone will care about it.
In case you cared, which you probably don't, here's the fairly significant things I did that I can now fully discuss. As of June I will be leaving the United Methodist Church and joining the Global Methodist Church. The church I currently serve will also be disaffiliating from the UMC. We feel this is significant and difficult but necessary.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

jruegg wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 12:18
In case you cared, which you probably don't, here's the fairly significant things I did that I can now fully discuss. As of June I will be leaving the United Methodist Church and joining the Global Methodist Church. The church I currently serve will also be disaffiliating from the UMC. We feel this is significant and difficult but necessary.
Oh dear. I care. Don't know how open you care to be, but I hope your building/grounds and your retirement accounts are not tied to the UMC. I went through a similar transition in the Episcopal Church 10 or 12 years ago. Probably over the same main issue. The old "Can you change it from the inside or do you finally just have to go?" debate is painful for those who were born and raised in that tradition. The "I didn't leave my church, my church left me" mantra is hard on the older folks. I'm sure you guys have prayed your guts out. My prayers are added to yours.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

FredS wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 15:48
jruegg wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 12:18
Oh dear. I care. Don't know how open you care to be, but I hope your building/grounds and your retirement accounts are not tied to the UMC. I went through a similar transition in the Episcopal Church 10 or 12 years ago. Probably over the same main issue. The old "Can you change it from the inside or do you finally just have to go?" debate is painful for those who were born and raised in that tradition. The "I didn't leave my church, my church left me" mantra is hard on the older folks. I'm sure you guys have prayed your guts out. My prayers are added to yours.
Boy, do I know this feeling. Praying more.
Weenies are us.