Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

We had baked potatoes with supper.
I sprinkled green onions on mine.
While clearing the table off afterwards I touched my eye.
Now I'm in pain :oops:
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 17:42 The neighbor kid got in trouble, so his mom made him come and clean my gutters as punishment.

Good mom, good neighbor.
Congratulations! You're now old enough to be a charity project.

If yer lucky, a teenage Sunday school class will offer to paint your house as part of their mission to the elderly.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

FredS wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 06:26
JimVH wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 17:42 The neighbor kid got in trouble, so his mom made him come and clean my gutters as punishment.

Good mom, good neighbor.
Congratulations! You're now old enough to be a charity project.

If yer lucky, a teenage Sunday school class will offer to paint your house as part of their mission to the elderly.
I can only hope.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Me? I'm the luckiest man alive.

from Mrs FredS
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

FredS wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 13:30 Me? I'm the luckiest man alive.

from Mrs FredS
Very nice!

Little emoji(s) pop up on my phone now, when I text, so the other day when I replied to one of my wife's texts I included a few red hearts, blown kisses, etc, and she immediately called me to see if I was ok.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

sweetandsour wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 05:34

from Mrs FredS
Very nice!

Little emoji(s) pop up on my phone now, when I text, so the other day when I replied to one of my wife's texts I included a few red hearts, blown kisses, etc, and she immediately called me to see if I was ok.
Are you?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Biff wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 18:32
sweetandsour wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 05:34

from Mrs FredS
Very nice!

Are you?
Heck no, never.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

The Nugget's faithful have made the trek to Civic Center Park in Denver. My office is on the 9th floor of the Webb Building on the north border of the Civic Center Park...the view of the park is mostly unobstructed from the large windows outside my office.

I will not be posting pics of the crowds of more than 500,000 to 1 million...I am not in my office...I have zero desire to be anywhere near that craziness. I have a live link to a feed from ground level if any of you want to witness the madness on line. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you the link.

By the way I am not going to watch the link either... 8-)
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Bloodhound wrote: 15 Jun 2023, 08:56 The Nugget's faithful have made the trek to Civic Center Park in Denver. My office is on the 9th floor of the Webb Building on the north border of the Civic Center Park...the view of the park is mostly unobstructed from the large windows outside my office.

I will not be posting pics of the crowds of more than 500,000 to 1 million...I am not in my office...I have zero desire to be anywhere near that craziness. I have a live link to a feed from ground level if any of you want to witness the madness on line. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you the link.

By the way I am not going to watch the link either... 8-)
The 2023 NBA finals were the first time - in 62 years mind you - that I actually tuned in to an NBA game on purpose and watched the whole thing. Partly because the Nuggets are, as much as anyone, "my team" now, partly because they have a rookie from Kansas who got a lot of minutes in the tournament, and partly because the team isn't made up of rich thugs. I really took an interest in their run to & through the finals. Not interested enough to go to the championship parade though. As if downtown D isn't bad enough, adding another few hundred thousand souls to the mix makes it even worse. I just hope they don't burn the place down in "celebration" this evening.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I get my scripts from an old pharmacy downtown that's owned by a German lady who thinks everyone under the age of 40 is coming in to shoplift. Like a guard in the gulag she sits behind the counter and eyes everyone coming in and out. In addition to a pharmacy, the store has old school five-and-dime junk as well as a large selection of products and food from Germany. I was in there at noon today and overheard her talking to someone on the phone, in her thick accent - "Well I have 700 lbs of frozen sausage on dat truck so I need an earlier delivery and I wanna know what'choo gonna do 'bout it."