Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 09:16 I miss Tuttle's March Madness threads.
I'll give you one guess at how I feel about my team's March Madness this year.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

FredS wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 11:10
OK, you don't even have to guess. They suck. It's been decades since getting into the tournament was "good enough'. The final four has been the target and the indicator of a good season or a bad one, and I don't expect the Hawks to make it out of the second round this season.

Houston, on the other hand! I have them winning the whole deal this year. Or maybe Baylor. Either way, I throw up a little in my mouth whenever I mention a TX being better than the Kansas team.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

FredS wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 11:16
OK, you don't even have to guess. They suck. It's been decades since getting into the tournament was "good enough'. The final four has been the target and the indicator of a good season or a bad one, and I don't expect the Hawks to make it out of the second round this season.

Houston, on the other hand! I have them winning the whole deal this year. Or maybe Baylor. Either way, I throw up a little in my mouth whenever I mention a TX being better than the Kansas team.
I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up...
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by GaryInVA »

JimVH wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 11:50
FredS wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 11:16

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up...
We quite enjoyed the tourney last night watching A&M.

Sunday, Houston.

Oh well.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Last night I finally got my pet scan done at 5:00 PM. :confusion-waiting:
The machine kept breaking down, and even broke down briefly when I was in it. :scared-eek:
The follow up with my cardiologist is on April 1st. :shock:
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Hovannes wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 06:15 Last night I finally got my pet scan done at 5:00 PM. :confusion-waiting:
The machine kept breaking down, and even broke down briefly when I was in it. :scared-eek:
The follow up with my cardiologist is on April 1st. :shock:
Sounds like a VA hospital. Prayers your way.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

I detest basketball.

It's a fun enough game, for people who like to play it. But not worthy of paying professionals to play for us to watch, or a month of incessant chatter about a tournament.

I don't know why, but Mrs. Del has some teams that she cares a little bit about. She doesn't care enough to check for game times or watch the games. Rather, she frequently turns on the NCAA to see if any of her teams are playing during commercial breaks of Murder She Wrote reruns.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 09:47 I detest basketball.

It's a fun enough game, for people who like to play it. But not worthy of paying professionals to play for us to watch, or a month of incessant chatter about a tournament.

I don't know why, but Mrs. Del has some teams that she cares a little bit about. She doesn't care enough to check for game times or watch the games. Rather, she frequently turns on the NCAA to see if any of her teams are playing during commercial breaks of Murder She Wrote reruns.
My theory for watching basketball is that if you watch the last 2 or 3 minutes then you've pretty much seen the whole game. But today I'll likely see most of the Texas vs A&M game.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

It's a black thing.
You wouldn't understand.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

sweetandsour wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 03:09

My theory for watching basketball is that if you watch the last 2 or 3 minutes then you've pretty much seen the whole game. But today I'll likely see most of the Texas vs A&M game.
Well, it was a night game, and went into OT. Good game, even though 4 UH players fouled out.